Lens Protection for Vortex Crossfire 2

Brownz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for Killflash / ARD or Lexan Protection for Lens on my new rifle scope.

Im using the Vortex Crosshair II 3-9x50.

Recently tried getting cheap Nuprol 50mm honeycomb ARD, but the sizing is off and the inner diamter is too wide for the scope theading to screw on.

Not sure which will fit, im having difficulties finding one, and realy dont way to pay £100+ on real steel ARD that might have larger than 6mm honeycomb.

Anyone have recomendations?

Edited by Brownz

7 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I've got these on pretty much everything I want to protect (torches and optics), can't fault either the product or the service.

Same here, on both counts. Good piece of kit.

22 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Vortex have a lifetime replacement warranty, including bb damage, in case you didn’t know 😉

I should imagine it's still a pain in the arse if it gets shot out. Not like they immediately swoop down and swap them over for you during a skirmish. 

7 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I should imagine it's still a pain in the arse if it gets shot out. Not like they immediately swoop down and swap them over for you during a skirmish. 

True, takes a few days, same day turnaround once they have it

On 13/06/2022 at 10:42, Cr0-Magnon said:

Exactly this... I'm wanting to prevent the chance of a shoot out as much as possible, just my luck it would be the first hit of the day and I dont have a spare optic or want to carry excess weight.

On 12/06/2022 at 11:54, alxndrhll said:

I've got these on pretty much everything I want to protect (torches and optics), can't fault either the product or the service.

• ARD Protection: I was hoping to find a killflash/ARD that fits in order to have the secondary function of preventing glare and reflections.
  • Threaded Fitting: Although I do have one of these on my torches...they just tightly grip on the end (dont realy want to wear away the end of the scope), I was hopping to find something that would make use of the threads and screw on to the end of the scope.
  • Sizing: This ebay listing appears to be the only option, I notced they has vortex crossfire (gen1 and 2) as an option, but doesn't display the objective lens/bell size.

@alxndrhll Dont suppose you purchased the vortex crossfire lens protection from the link you provded, you know what size it is?

I'm finding it odd that such a popular and well built scope doesn't have a variety of accessories (manufacturer or 3rd party made) readily available. At this point im tempted to just bodge it and tape the oversized nuprol killflash to the end.

Just order the custom size option from Red Dot and specify the size of your objectives O/D.  They will make the cover to the correct size if they don't have any in stock. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.