Tokyo marui 416 lipo conversion

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got an TM h&k 416 and want to run it on lipos. I have done a search and there appears to be a couple of plug in adapters but they run 20 to 40 quid. I have wire, connectors, shrink rap and a soldiering iron so want to know if there is a method to rewiring or should I just go with the conversion kits? 

Personally, if you're comfortable with soldering I'd recommend doing it yourself.

There are a couple of options you can do. 

There are some bars in the stock that are a gold colour, you can solder your wire to the bars. These bars have a contact with the wire that runs up the stock tube. Think Eagle6 has a video on youtube for this, if not there must be a youtube video on this method.

My preference is to solder directly to the wires that run along the bottom of the stock tube and effectively cut the bars out of the system. This makes swapping stocks easier and I personally see it as another thing that could go wrong has been removed, including a reduction to the resistance of the whole circuit. The TM stocks also have the stock batteries partially visible as standard, so when you do the first method generally people have the wires partly on show or try to cover it with tape and it never seems to work. 

3 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

Personally, if you're comfortable with soldering I'd recommend doing it yourself.

There are a couple of options you can do. 

There are some bars in the stock that are a gold colour, you can solder your wire to the bars. These bars have a contact with the wire that runs up the stock tube. Think Eagle6 has a video on youtube for this, if not there must be a youtube video on this method.

My preference is to solder directly to the wires that run along the bottom of the stock tube and effectively cut the bars out of the system. This makes swapping stocks easier and I personally see it as another thing that could go wrong has been removed, including a reduction to the resistance of the whole circuit. The TM stocks also have the stock batteries partially visible as standard, so when you do the first method generally people have the wires partly on show or try to cover it with tape and it never seems to work. 

Cheers for that any replacement stocks you'd recommend not in love with the stock one.

Depends entirely on the look and battery that you want to go for. 

I think standard black crane stocks look good, I used a g&g one on mine for a while and the battery space was enough for a 7.4 2600mah crane stock battery. 

You can do things like a magpul style CTR with a printed butt pad or a magpul extended pad that's been milled out but you'll then need to run a smaller battery (c1000 mah). 

All depends on the look you want and the battery size you need. 

I think putting a super modern stock like a magpul ACS and then running the original rail (12+years "old") looks odd. 

If you you like the look the pts eps stock is the easiest stock to run on any m4 buffer tube where battery space is a priority without excessive bulk. It is a quality item which makes the price easier to swallow when comparing to a cheap knockoff and you are not restricted as much lipo wise as a magpul ctr conversion.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.