Ghk AR platform thread

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After a few searches , there are quite a few owners on here of GHK AR/M4 variants, but no thread as there is for the TM MWS models

So I thought I would start it to allow us to share the knowledge

I picked mine up just over a year ago and have toyed with moving it on a few times, but every time I get close to selling or trading it, my clasp on it gets tighter 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have done a few mods to it to help it out, one of which was the T.N.T hop & barrel upgrade which does make quite a difference to consistent accuracy, and also allows me to use a heavier BB (.36’s) with ease

It came with the mid power nozzle fitted, which was way too hot for uk sites, so was quickly ditched for the 1j nozzle, which again is too hot - like 380+ fps on a 0.2

I did the grub screw mod in an attempt to further reduce the fps, but it’s pretty ineffective!

So I’m going to get the RA Tech Npas, has anyone used one and how were the results please?

915FDB34-72FC-4651-AC45-6931D2B0D89A.thumb.jpeg.c0a92b3f610f59264406e8651dc4141e.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Similar situation here, love the gun, personally found stock hop to be great, but nice to see the aftermarket works for you.

nozzle situation, the adjustable npas nozzle for me is substandard, i lost all consistency accuracy wise, even ended up with it jamming more often, the 1J is the best option, mine was just in the limits on .28s the other weekend, on nuprol green, personally thinking to try a slightly weaker gas and see how that goes.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the npas

The reviews I have seen on YT make it out to have been crafted by the messiah himself, obviously just marketing bull

I bought some DH feedlips, and must say that I am super impressed with their fit n finish, I still get the occasional double feed, but am now not worried about them splitting 👍

F40BCF60-11CA-4512-B15B-E9CA73F86772.thumb.jpeg.8698591e6ac49e7aa1b392d7d7f1888c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Do these suffer from bolt bounce? That may be the cause of random double feeds

Last year I did a slow motion video of my m4 firing, there was a touch of bolt bounce with a freshly filled mag, but the nozzle seemed to stay in battery quite nicely. Funnily enough, I never got double feeds when using the original bolt carrier, just the RA Tech gold thing

go figure🤷🏻‍♂️

Installed one of these on someone’s gnu the other week.. plastic nozzle with steel pawls. Seems stable enough. 

7BA68230-BF57-4806-8EE3-A03181B75996.png

This has just arrived from wgc shop……

duh dum, duuuuh dum, dum dum dum dum dum dum….

DD9971F4-BC53-4B51-B681-AFED320C6021.png

Will be teching this weekend and let peeps know how it pans out…

53 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

So you’ve got a non stock BCG in there now?

Well, a non stock carrier, still running the manufacturers 1j nozzle

I do want to get one of those Npas pictured above

But interested to hear how that new adjustable hop assemble fairs up, as the ghk set up is a bit of a dick dance🙄

Edit:

Just ordered a Waldo Snappy Boi to try out  😂

Yeah the boys got a l119 rail on it which makes it even more of a ball ache. It was choice between maple leaf dual adjustment or the ghk; ghk being a good stock component hence the logic of sticking with oem

17 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Thanks for the feedback regarding the npas

The reviews I have seen on YT make it out to have been crafted by the messiah himself, obviously just marketing bull

Sorry, had to go back and double check, my npas was the fg airsoft adjustable nozzle, which doesnt seem to be made anymore, got myself mixed up😅 

but the fg airsoft one was rubbish, would be good if the RA tech version is better

my bad for getting confused over what i bought a few years back😅

the new feed lips look really cool, and i almost ponied up for a set, for me i ended up using a round file and widening the standard lips slightly, cant say if its stopped any potential cracks yet, but made them easier to load, and haven’t suffered any side effects of that yet

• Enid_Puceflange changed the title to Ghk M4 platform thread
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting round to fitting my Waldo Customs Snappy Boi spring today

It is a good 35mm longer than my standard recoil spring , though that may just be tired. 
So will get to field test it tomorrow. 

Another question for GHK owners, has anyone found a similar selector mod like the one for the TM MWS, where you file part of the selector shaft down to stop it activating full auto?

I only ever use semi, so it wouldn’t be an issue for me, and means I can stop worrying about it going hot at Chrono. 
means I can run it at DMR fps 

cheers

3EC49F46-E52C-4E56-9AA1-C8A17BE60E25.thumb.jpeg.053ed617de4afa5789c54ef3ca4315df.jpeg

Not a lot of love for the GHK in here?

(though they do appear in the classifieds regularly)

I received my RA Tech Npas, and it fitted in the SAI bolt carrier nicely, strangely enough, a better fit than the low power 1J nozzle that is fitted in my slow mo video. The Npas retracts back into the carrier far quicker and smoother than the standard nozzle.
I’ve seen comments that the Npas with the metal lugs can leave shavings on the battery!

Mine does appear to line up nicely, yet to get it out to the range and test it out for fps &  consistency etc

8796327F-DB25-42D5-AAD0-5EA32CC884B2.thumb.jpeg.25b1069d3fa2b9dcae9e50ace4b57478.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.