AA R32, mag not filling, auto firing when it does.

Dan Robinson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My lad's R32 has always been a pain.  It doesn't seem to want to fully fill that magazine, often only getting a single shots worth of gas.  When. It does get enough for a bit more it goes off like a teenager's first time.... 

Several rapid fires in a burst then a little pop. 

At first we thought it was just cold weather and crap gas, so I cleaned the gun, bought some decent green gas (which is fine in my Glock l), but the problems remain. 

I can't seem to get a clean seal on the Inlet valve when filling either. 

The mag doesn't appear to leak what gas it does hold, but I'm wondering if it is a faulty gun or a faulty mag. 

Any ideas gratefully received. A few pictures attached, not that I can see anything out of place.  A link to it not working here  https://youtu.be/rjYYOm4Bs7c.

16547118623118947175435425772375.jpg

16547119379652115293730410511061.jpg

16547119532421657939477727310922.jpg

16547120037477360488792344770489.jpg

16547120285666841992026594661992.jpg

Edited by Dan Robinson
Video link added.

That is a non-silent fill valve. Exactly what you want.

Fill the mag until gas comes out (a fine mist) not air. Will take 7-10 secs

wait five seconds

Try again for another 7 seconds 

wait five seconds

try again for another 3-4 secs.

If the mag stills isn’t filling fully, you’ll need to purge it (open the outlet valve as you fill it

After all that, it’s a tiny gas capacity mag, it will never work well, ever

😁🍻Tried that several times but all I got was high from the fumes. 

I'm tempted to get a spare mag from Patrolbase.co.uk, but will be gutted if it's a gun issue as well. 😭

Edited by Dan Robinson
Wierd emojies won't delete.

We're talking mags.... Not the whole gun? 

Tinkering with it now, and the kick from the slide going back after pressing slide stop isn't great compared to the Glock.  Could that explain the uncontrolled rapid fire? 

12 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

We're talking mags.... Not the whole gun? 

Tinkering with it now, and the kick from the slide going back after pressing slide stop isn't great compared to the Glock.  Could that explain the uncontrolled rapid fire? 

The whole gun. There isn’t the capacity in the tiny magazine for enough gas to cycle the slide properly,

The 1911 grip isn’t big enough. 

Even the TM with a polymer slide isn’t anywhere nearly as good as a Glock. You’re on a hiding to nothing trying to get it to work, sorry.

Look for a pistol with a decent sized magazine ( hi-capa is the closest looking to a 1911 with a  decent mag capacity , but DO NOT buy a WE hi-capa, one of their poorer pistols)

Thanks for the advice.   I'll go back to the merchant and see if he'll help.   It's been a problem since day one, so fingers crossed. 

14 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

That is a non-silent fill valve. Exactly what you want.

Sorry not necessarily related to the original question but definitely agree with this. I think it's a great feature and yet a lot of people complain about Marui (and some others of course) mags doing it.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Sorry not necessarily related to the original question but definitely agree with this. I think it's a great feature and yet a lot of people complain about Marui (and some others of course) mags doing it.

think it's cos folk don't realise that it's an intentional feature and is there for a specific reason, given the majority of pistols from other brands use the silent type valves you can expect folk to think that a valve that spits gas and liquid at you when filling is some kind of failure.

i do agree it's a good feature when you know what it's supposed to do and how to use it, tbh i'm surprised it hasn't been copied that much.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.