MW2 2022

Jacob Wright

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just watched the trailer and it doesn’t look massively different to the last one but I know I’ll get suckered into buying it 😂 anyone else?

Guest Mr. No_Face
6 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Just watched the trailer and it doesn’t look massively different to the last one but I know I’ll get suckered into buying it 😂 anyone else?

COD is a drug. It's bad for your health but you just keep coming back to it. 100% getting it even after I promised myself I wouldn't touch another COD title since the last 3 releases were the shits.

I never played MW2 that much back in the day because it used matchmaking instead of people having privately owned dedicated servers that you browsed in a server browser like CoD4 had (this is all on PC, never been much of a console pleb). I saw matchmaking as a cancer in online gaming that eroded any sense of community and I still do; privately owned dedicated servers were the way to go and you would always go back to the same ones, so you'd know all the regulars and there was generally just an amazing sense of community, but matchmaking is just a cheap one and done.

As such, I won't be getting it. I didn't even get CoD4 remastered (where I preferred both the single and multiplayer), because if I wanted to play it I'd just play the original, but where most people view MW2 with rose-tinted nostalgia goggles, I actually view it as the beginning of the end of good online PC gaming, because after MW2 it felt like every PC game decided to go with matchmaking instead and yes, I'm salty about that.

Oh, also Activision-Blizzard are scum. Not giving them any money.

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

There's rumour it'll be on the microsoft game pass and I haven't used my free trial for that yet, so maybe.  I'd bet Warzone 2 will be free so I'm definitely not buying it at CoD prices just for the single player or regular MP.

Warzone will always be free as they squeeze payment out of all the micro-transactions.

Campaign and multiplayer should be free to Game Pass as Microsoft own Activision now however they may just add all the old ones for now while they run the new game paid for a while before adding it to game pass but I'm hoping they just add it on day one release, fingers crossed.

I personally enjoy the campaign's more than multiplayer.

• Supporters

I wouldn't say squeeze exactly they made untold millions from kids buying skins in WZ1 haha.

You might be right on the pass, but then again they'd get a *lot* of new pass subscribers if it was included.. we shall see, could go either way.

For me the SP got worse and worse each time through the original modern warfare trilogy, and the old and bitter part of me thinks they'll make the same mistakes again.  Possibly forget about the super popular but slow CQB and child insurgent levels from MW2019 in favour of absurd, un-immersive enormous action pieces that only appeal to 13 year-olds.  Fingers crossed though.

• 1 month later...

I wish I could have enjoyed it but they decided to mix that fucking infuriatingly long uncharted car chase level and the weird crafting level / ending portions.

Wrong direction for the game IMO, 2019 was much better.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.