DE M66 Pro 700

Mad dog 49

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gun Name and maker: Double Eagle M66 Pro 700

FPS: 499 on 0.2g

Hop up: Rotary with positive click

Mag Capacity: 50

Battery: N/A

Plastic/Metal/Both: Both

My opinion and overall comments:

I bought one of these having seen it and read the initial reviews where it was being touted as a field able out the box jobby. Ergonomically, it's quite pleasing and a little different to the other popular sniper platforms and out the box the performance is pretty spectacular for the price point, but, it's as heavy as a freight train and you'll need either a sling or arms like Garth to carry it about all day. It will lift heavy weight bbs out the box but the joule creep is one to watch, on 0.4g I initially hit 2.46j and this is where the downsides start. Leave it cocked in the bag for a week and it dropped to 2.38j on the 0.4g but went no further for leaving it another week. On testing at a range, it will lob shots out to about 80m, but not in a flat trajectory and I was unable to get it even remotely flat with the hop rotary clicks effort. Anywhere past 50m though and the shots are scattered around like a mad dogs crap and the consistency was just not there at all. Out of 5 shots, 1 went remotely straight. Clean the barrel out with some alcohol and have another go, this time it's better, but still not great. So, change the hop rubber, it will take a VSR rubber so I plumped for a Decepticon 70 degree and had another go. Now the joules are down to a solid and consistent 2.0j on 0.4g, and the shot consistency is way better, but I'm getting outraged by blokes with average AEGs. Biggest downside is, its based on the TM M40, but only based, not fully compatible. The cylinder and piston are an odd size and effectively the only bits you'll be able to upgrade easily is the hop rubber, nub and spring. 

Overall, looks good, shoots okay after a new hop rubber but no range, not cheap and no upgrade parts available. Probably best to avoid for now.

Overall rating:

5/10

Screenshot_20220204-092937_Chrome.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.