The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

We've got an angry thread, so I thought, I know. We need to equal out this negativity, and have a happy thread too!

This thread is for those of us, who are just a little bit happy.

Let us discuss what is, or generally produces happiness within thee.

Now, I don't have an epic tale of man versus printer for you in this thread, because to be honest, I haven't forgiven my printer enough to attempt to triumph over it yet, so there's no happy ending there. But fear not, loyal forum members, for, I will tell you some things that make Finius happy. We will then discuss these things, and also things that make you happy too.

Here are the top five things that are making me happy right now:

1. I'm going to have enough money from my extra week of summer work to be able to buy an L85 as my secondary AEG, as opposed to buying something I don't really want.

2. Fruit smoothies. My awesome diet of winning strictly forbids most tasty things. It does however allow fruit, fruit juice and blenders (the use of, not eating. PLEASE DO NOT EAT YOUR BLENDER).

3. I beat the rain home from work. I cycle to and from work (9 miles each way), and today, it started throwing it down with rain literally seconds after I stepped through the front door. Suck on it nature, I'm faster than you.

4. As well as earning enough from my summer job for my L85, there is around a 90% chance I will be able to afford to book tickets to Berget 10. One cannot possible exude in mere words the sheer winnery contained within this knowledge.

5. It's Friday. And that means I can stay in bed as long as I want tomorrow morning. It also means I can mock Rebecca Black.

Thanks things, you're doing a good job :)

What makes you happy? :D

City link located missing parcel, f**ck knows how they messed up in the first place.

Got fully upgraded marauzen l96 coming next week

Skirmish sunday

Other peoples misery

sleep, sex, fighting, not much else

I'm like Dr Cox. I have no real 'happy' mode.

Appart from when I'm being sarcastic and bitter in conversations, that's when I'm happy.

Or mowing down entire squads whilst using my LSW. That makes me happy. Very happy. Oh so joyously happy!

Also, my first driving lesson in ages today. That was fun, my teacher is a former soldier, obviously had lots to talk about.

• Supporters

guns, guitars and (climbing) gear. also, girls.

Sadly my VSR is being lent to a work colleague

My Razorback has broken a string

The GF is on holiday so I only get to see her on tuesday this week - IF I can change my days around at work

It is too wet for climbing.

FML

Things that make me happy - Dave has fixed my Eotech 552.

And Dave, whilst your girl is on holiday, you can be happy that you have a girlfriend haha

• Supporters

Working with an ex recon Grenadier Guard at work atm, having some good conversations about awesome military hardware, that was making me happy earlier.

(He was telling me about how they used to drill FFE; they'd have nine barrels, fire 20 rounds each before the first shell hit the floor (180 rounds in the air on the way to target), the resultant fireworks must have been something).

Lucky git...

I also enjoy talking with former service personel, some of the stuff they did...

During my work experience with my dad, I met one of his work mates, a former major, who served from 1968-ish to 1995 (he ended as a major obviously). His stories from Germany, and the numerous exchange operations with Americans were hilarious - he and an American unit during the 70s exchanged kit - one of the yanks started crying because the SLR's recoil was so strong in comparison to the M16. Tanks getting lost is another highlight - one one occasion a unit parked on a bog without knowing it, and found most of their tanks up to their turrets in mud.

Something that's making me laugh at the moment - thinking about the idea of a god existing for Atheism. Would it become weaker when someone worships it?

• Supporters

Breakfast sludge!

2 Wheatabix

Freshly made tea (no milk in it yet)

A scoop or two of coffee

Sugar to taste

A good dollop of cinnamon

Milk if you want it

Mix it all up in a mug, and imbibe. I promise you, it'll blow your head off with the yumminess and keep you tweaked for hours!

my job because i got to blow sh*t up this week and get paid and

next week is the 12th

Just passed my army BARB test. Scored high enough that all my job choices are open to me, and all are taking on recruits at the start of next year. Oh yeah.

Just passed my army BARB test. Scored high enough that all my job choices are open to me, and all are taking on recruits at the start of next year. Oh yeah.

Nice what score ya get? i didnt do that great but passed with 68

Nice what score ya get? i didnt do that great but passed with 68

Was around 76 or 78 I think. He said i had passed then said the score in a kind of "passing way", like the figure itself doesnt matter once you are over 60.

I didnt feel i did well either. He said the key was speed, not accuracy, so on a few I should of got right i just pressed as fast as i could.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.