Another London Newbie

Naisu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All!

From Inner-London (Zone 1), have been collecting for a while due to a passion that stemmed from video games. 
But recently have decided to get a custom MWS GBB M4 that has so far cost me over £2500 (which is ridiculous for someone whose never gone airsofting- I am aware).

That being said, what would be a great way to dive into it? Any specific locations fellow Londers go to for a good session, and any tips anyone can provide for a beginner?

Thanks,

Random Boring Guy

Welcome

That certainly is a big investment but if it makes you happy 😉

Have a look here for sites near you: https://playairsoft.uk/

Since you've got the expensive part you'll just need some eye protection and BBs to get started.  (Good boots with ankle support are recommended too)

Do some searches and read up on what to expect at a skirmish day then 'just do it' 😁

Guest Mr. No_Face

Welcome fellow Londoner.

So you went straight in balls deep with an MWS GBBR to start you off eh? Since you're based here you might want to try Tactical Warfare Airsoft in Croydon or wolf armouries bunker 51. I'd go with the first option. Also a few of us are running a 5 on 5 speedQB private venue in south London on Sundays if you're into that sort of thing.

Agreed with Mr no face. Bunker 51 can be quite full on for newbies, and it also gets very muggy in there, or at least it was last time I went. Fun site, just a bit too open and dark in most areas for my liking.

If you can make it, north west london has some pretty good sites; Red1 the school and Red1 oblivion in kings langley are both very, very good for gbbr gameplay; the school is an abandoned school and very up close and personal where gbbr hits are real satisfying and you dont have as much of a disadvantage compared to aegs, and oblivion is a more open woodland site but with several nice built up areas for semi cqb action.

If you prefer slower gameplay and more open maps, reforger up the road from Red1 is pretty good, huge map sizes and very open sightlines so great for stalking and sniping just not my speed.

And finally, you can't say you spent 2.5k on an MWS build, and then not show us what it looks like! Pics! :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.