Rare guns. Should you buy them

ginger colin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have just stumbled across a S&T DSR-1. It's the air cocking type in tan.  I didn't know they did it in tan and it  comes with all sorts of barrel attachments and a quick release silencer.  It's not cheap. I have the ares gas and love it but thus looks amazing in tan. 

20220602_165420.jpg

• Supporters

pretty much the only reason to say no would be if you want to buy it thinking it might be some kind of investment that will appreciate in value.

if you want it because, well, you just want it, and are happy with whatever the pricetag is then that's pretty much the standard criteria for buying an airsoft pew fulfilled.

• Supporters

The hamster is absolutely spot on , it comes down to what you personally like AND what your willing to pay for that something , but never ever buy anything thinking it’s an investment , it won’t be airsoft is just too much of a ‘niche’ sport with too few dedicated players to buy and keep things as investments .

I’ve always had the outlook of “if I can afford something and I want it then I’ll buy it , I’ve got an awful lot of guns I’ve bought over the years that I’ve probably only used two or three times if that but I’ve still got them because I wanted it simple as that really . Good example is the pulse rifle I recently bought , first gameday I took it too I used it for one short game put it back in the bag and to be honest unless it’s going to be a ’themed’ game I can’t really see me using it again BUT I’d never get rid of it as I’ve always wanted one .👍

22 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The hamster is absolutely spot on , it comes down to what you personally like AND what your willing to pay for that something , but never ever buy anything thinking it’s an investment , it won’t be airsoft is just too much of a ‘niche’ sport with too few dedicated players to buy and keep things as investments .

I’ve always had the outlook of “if I can afford something and I want it then I’ll buy it , I’ve got an awful lot of guns I’ve bought over the years that I’ve probably only used two or three times if that but I’ve still got them because I wanted it simple as that really . Good example is the pulse rifle I recently bought , first gameday I took it too I used it for one short game put it back in the bag and to be honest unless it’s going to be a ’themed’ game I can’t really see me using it again BUT I’d never get rid of it as I’ve always wanted one .👍

Three million for the pulse rifle last offer 🤣

Given the shit spares situation, it's not as though you're worse off with rare models parts wise either.  

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Three million for the pulse rifle last offer 🤣

Make it three million and ONE ! 

09C2543C-BD11-4914-8233-D3984C18B113.jpeg

• Head Moderator

If you like it, then buy it.

Being tan devalues it for me, regardless of how rare, whereas another will love it (like a ginger step-child)

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

(like a ginger step-child)

NO ONE would love a ginger step-child .🤢

12 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

NO ONE would love a ginger step-child .🤢

Hey I happen to have a 40year old ginger step son.

( I'm not that keen on him though)😂😂

Regards 

Depends if you're ever going to use the bugger or just hang it on the wall! Getting one of these up towards the usual bolty FPS is a bit of a pain (literally, after cocking it a few times), what with the short spring and everything.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.