WE gbbRifles

SBoardley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mine get an RAtech Npas, 50 degree M/L rubber , Omega nub and Crazy jet barrel. I'have used red gas all year round with no issues but usually switch to green when it gots hot. 

Yep just replace things when they fail. I do have RAtech trigger componants in my 119 A1 but only 'cos I had them sat there not because the stock ones had failed.

.30's work well 

For fps, I’d probably recommend the angry gun mpa complete nozzle BUT replace the rear oring with the stock WE nozzle oring ( the AG one is a bit baggy and can stick in the bolt carrier)
also do the bolt stop/ release mod for reliable bolt locking. Everything else is gravy.

I also use the yellow maple leaf autobot rubbers with the stock hop chamber too. 

1 minute ago, SBoardley said:

For fps, I’d probably recommend the angry gun mpa complete nozzle BUT replace the rear oring with the stock WE nozzle oring ( the AG one is a bit baggy and can stick in the bolt carrier)
also do the bolt stop/ release mod for reliable bolt locking. Everything else is gravy.

I also use the yellow maple leaf autobot rubbers with the stock hop chamber too. 

Interestingly mine hated the mpa nozzle, all sorts of misfeeds, but I know lots of folk find they work well.

I think I've read more MPA failures than anything else.

Interesting point on the o ring replacement though 

I was looking into getting one.

1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

What's the bolt stop mod? 

Edited by MandalShArK

19 hours ago, MandalShArK said:

I think I've read more MPA failures than anything else.

Interesting point on the o ring replacement though 

I was looking into getting one.

What's the bolt stop mod? 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=we+m4+bolt+stop+mod&&view=detail&mid=9E730A2970525A49220A9E730A2970525A49220A&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dwe%2Bm4%2Bbolt%2Bstop%2Bmod%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

55 minutes ago, MandalShArK said:

Thats wicked, a simple fix indeed.

To be fair I've not done this with either of mine and havn't had any problems with bolt locking back on empty.

But it's certainly an easy fix if you do.

Very useful Indeed.

I'm trying to find parts at the mo,

Standard M4 barrels (14.5) are proving to be hard to find. 

Picked up the carbine and box of parts today.

Let the games begin! 

IMG_20230205_090823.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I've built an M4 and an XM from parts now, and bought some bits from KY Airsoft..

The issue is nothing shoots.

I've put in a maple leaf yellow and omega nub, nothing.. back to standard hop parts..

Nothing,

Rounds do get picked up and either stay in the hop unit or roll out, I've adjusted the hops, no change. 

Any ideas? 

14 minutes ago, MandalShArK said:

So I've built an M4 and an XM from parts now, and bought some bits from KY Airsoft..

The issue is nothing shoots.

I've put in a maple leaf yellow and omega nub, nothing.. back to standard hop parts..

Nothing,

Rounds do get picked up and either stay in the hop unit or roll out, I've adjusted the hops, no change. 

Any ideas? 

Do you have an npas fitted?

Does the bolt cycle?

20 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Do you have an npas fitted?

Does the bolt cycle?

Yes to both.

6 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

@MandalShArKit could be you have your npas turned too far down so all the gas is working the bolt and not coming out of the nozzle. 

Honestly I'd forgotten I had an Npas fitted.

Good shout I'll test it out tomorrow

On 06/03/2023 at 22:33, SBoardley said:

@MandalShArKit could be you have your npas turned too far down so all the gas is working the bolt and not coming out of the nozzle. 

it worked, 
Id just installed the NPAS a couple of weeks ago and left it as it, Id not tested it etc so didnt know the ins and outs.. The more you know!

2 hours ago, MandalShArK said:

it worked, 
Id just installed the NPAS a couple of weeks ago and left it as it, Id not tested it etc so didnt know the ins and outs.. The more you know!

Happy to have been able to help. 

1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

Happy to have been able to help. 

Thank you kindly 

Courtesy of @alxndrhll, some Pmag conversions are on the bench for the WE rifles , getting the height just right was tricky and required a little flat plate lapping into perfection and the insides need a fair bit of work if you don’t want to modify the WE inner magazine (I didn’t ) but success , modifying and floating the base plate like a diving board means the Ranger plate or base plate is nice and secure and covers all the fill port over as well :) 

82A129EE-4ADF-43E7-B005-CDB80D786E62.thumb.jpeg.acd8d8e09b1566d30061e334605aeb96.jpegCCF43CFC-6665-4A45-8DDB-CF6F5A549FE4.thumb.jpeg.300fc607ce59a6eda7b273b5265f0013.jpeg221F20EF-C8F1-4A66-965F-9A01CD1B9DCF.thumb.jpeg.3bd4fe4cb648137821ec0d36745ef55c.jpeg

gonna need some tan ones now though 😭

11 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Courtesy of @alxndrhll, some Pmag conversions are on the bench for the WE rifles , getting the height just right was tricky and required a little flat plate lapping into perfection and the insides need a fair bit of work if you don’t want to modify the WE inner magazine (I didn’t ) but success , modifying and floating the base plate like a diving board means the Ranger plate or base plate is nice and secure and covers all the fill port over as well :) 

82A129EE-4ADF-43E7-B005-CDB80D786E62.thumb.jpeg.acd8d8e09b1566d30061e334605aeb96.jpegCCF43CFC-6665-4A45-8DDB-CF6F5A549FE4.thumb.jpeg.300fc607ce59a6eda7b273b5265f0013.jpeg221F20EF-C8F1-4A66-965F-9A01CD1B9DCF.thumb.jpeg.3bd4fe4cb648137821ec0d36745ef55c.jpeg

I feel like that BCM grip needs chopping 👀

26 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Done this for my emags, have 5 in total, and 4 emags for my ngrs. Best mod for My l119s ever!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my good old WE G39c. Done a few mods on its including and NPAS, steel charging handle, maple leaf bucking and a tight bore barrel. Shoots like a laser but can be difficult to get under 350fps on a warm day. 

20230329_123824.jpg

I'm trying to remove the flash hider from a VN M16 to replace it with a full birdcage. Before I hit it with a blow torch can anyone confirm that it actually comes off and what thread it has please?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.