WE gbbRifles

SBoardley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 hours ago, lokkers said:

WE L85A2.  All stock internals at the moment, other than an LFS disc.  

Externally, replaced the polymer (plastic) foregrip with the Daniel Defence rail (Madbull, I think), and added the top picatinni rail.  It's great fun to skirmish!

IMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.ac349225ed9df4cf422ea582d694ae1d.jpeg

Annoyingly, the dust cover catch has departed the upper receiver, so it's always open now. I need to see if someone can 3D print the part, as you can't get them aftermarket 🙄

Have a look at KYAirsoft, they stock pretty much every part for the WE range, they just might have one. Love my L85 GBBR it's great to use.

On 29/08/2022 at 21:24, Nick G said:

Have a look at KYAirsoft, they stock pretty much every part for the WE range, they just might have one. Love my L85 GBBR it's great to use.

They do - need to grab some bits from them, but they don't appear to do this part as normally it's pressed to the upper receiver. 

On 01/09/2022 at 19:18, Jacket2122 said:

KYAIRSOFT do the bare upper part, Part 1. Easy to strip your old and replace with this. 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/parts/we-rifles-gbbr/l85-series/l85-1-gbbr.html

I know. However I resent having to buy an upper receiver (plus postage) because a 50p piece of sheet metal wasn't properly attached in the first place. 

I'm going to ask around and see if someone can scan and 3D print the missing bit instead. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my experience with the angry gun mpa nozzle for the m4. I started having problems while skirmishing with it. Although the fps is stable, it started sticking in the bolt carrier. I replaced the oring at the rear of the nozzle which helped. However I started getting problems with the nozzle coming out of the front of the bolt carrier. It seems that it is slightly off spec ie smaller than the oem, which seemed to wear the side nozzle guide somehow, resulting in the guide popping out and due to the smaller size, the nozzle would run  past the upper guide and jam in the receiver. This has happened one time too many. 
I have now reverted to the Ra tech magnetic npas with PLASTIC nozzle and this seems to be working absolutely as advertised. I have also replaced the guides in the rif In question with the steel Ra tech parts from Milspec Solutions. My other m4 is running fine with oem nozzle and white lfs disc.
Disappointingly the angry gun mpa nozzle just seems to be off spec so i would now after about six months of use and issues chin it off. Though I will keep the return spring for spares. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello gbb knowledgeable's... 

Question. It's a warm summers day and you are running a WE gbbr. If you have fitted an Npas to bring the fps to a safe limit and run black gas what would happen? Nothing of note, it kicks harder, it blows up?

7 hours ago, THE CHIEF said:

Hello gbb knowledgeable's... 

Question. It's a warm summers day and you are running a WE gbbr. If you have fitted an Npas to bring the fps to a safe limit and run black gas what would happen? Nothing of note, it kicks harder, it blows up?

My question to you is why do you want to use black gas? I only ever use Nuprol red while my mate uses black in his ghk (without any problems) , and recoil in my WE is still nicer. 

On 30/09/2022 at 11:03, SBoardley said:

My question to you is why do you want to use black gas? I only ever use Nuprol red while my mate uses black in his ghk (without any problems) , and recoil in my WE is still nicer. 

To be honest I don't intend to use either, I'm quite happy running it on green gas or propane. It just came up in a conversation as a theoretical at work. Is there any benefit to using a more powerful gas? Does it make it more gas efficient? 

6 minutes ago, THE CHIEF said:

To be honest I don't intend to use either, I'm quite happy running it on green gas or propane. It just came up in a conversation as a theoretical at work. Is there any benefit to using a more powerful gas? Does it make it more gas efficient? 

I assume as you are taming the output with an n pas, the recoil is greater,the more powerful the gas used. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go with Nuprol Red now that the temperature has dropped a bit. That's what I'll be using in mine next weekend.

Edited by Nick G

On 22/10/2022 at 18:33, Nick G said:

I'd go with Nuprol Red now that the temperature has dropped a bit. That's what I'll be using in mine next weekend.

Well she ran like a champ until the last game when the loading nozzle ate shit. An easy fix. Anyway cheers for a good day and proving to me that gbbrs are viable in crappy weather :)

I love my GBBR's , always take an aeg along and it usually stays in the safe zone as the GBBR's are just so much fun ! Only switch to aeg's when it gets down to single figure temperatures , even then I can use the GBBR's down to about 6 or 7 degrees with good mag disciplin. 

3 hours ago, THE CHIEF said:

Well she ran like a champ until the last game when the loading nozzle ate shit. An easy fix. Anyway cheers for a good day and proving to me that gbbrs are viable in crappy weather :)

That’s a shame about the nozzle bud. Was it stock? The only nozzle I’ve managed to break was an ra tech plastic magnetic locking npas. The feeder snapped. Not sure why, but I feel the We nozzles are best. 

It was a stock WE nozzle. Had a double feed that managed to mash a round into the chamber and under the hop rubber. The little bit that collects the next round and lifts it up the feed ramp broke. The actual nozzle bit is alright. It cycles well just won't chamber a round any more. These things happen and like I say, an easy fix. The trishot and M79 stood in for the last game. 

• 3 months later...

Almost Necrotic post but I'm re entering the realm of the WE based AR.

Quite excited by the prospect and have a few builds in mind.

8 hours ago, MandalShArK said:

Almost Necrotic post but I'm re entering the realm of the WE based AR.

Quite excited by the prospect and have a few builds in mind.

Go for it. Great platform for beginners to expert/ connoisseurs. I have ghk, mws, and WE. Still love my WE m4’s. 

Proper solid rs feel. 

Can't fault either of mine. L119 A1 and now an A2 both WE based. The A1 has been my main gun for the last couple of years and has never let me down.

Enjoy !

I've been playing 24 years, owned a WE M16a1 a few years back for reenactment use, didn't actually use it in anger before I sold it.

About time I got into GBBR'S really 🤣

I've learnt so far..

Don't bother with RA Tech kit unless is replacing the FCG.

Keep it stock and install a FPS reducer ring over NPAS 

Keep everything stock and replace as needed apart from a hop rubber.

Use .30 rounds.

Use propane or green gas. (Red gas when it's gets really chilly)

Hows that for a start?

I just want them to run reliably, I dont need them to do anything fancy. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.