WE gbbRifles

SBoardley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, SBoardley said:

You did put the spring in before the valve right?

Have you tried a different buffer spring?

Haha yeah all good rhere, stripped my mws bolts alot installing npas’s.

no to the buffer spring, only because when i picked it up it did shoot 

i wonder of the nozzle is just not letting an gas in

Tbh it sounds like the valve is shutting too quickly. I’ve had similar when an npas is shut too far down. 

Does the nozzle stick in the hop?

How much gas are you putting in the mags?

7 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Tbh it sounds like the valve is shutting too quickly. I’ve had similar when an npas is shut too far down. 

Does the nozzle stick in the hop?

How much gas are you putting in the mags?

Its a standard nozzle, no npas, ordered a new nozzle, going to try lfs dics , yeah thebnozzle does stick forward

full mags, although with this trial and error im burning through gas lol 

Ah. Um do you know what hop rubber is in there. I use maple leaf autobot. They come with a metal ring to improve air seal. I never use it cus I require less fps. Wondering if this has been installed. 

Hmmm. I guess we gotta wait for the new nozzle and hop rubber dude. I’m kinda stumped as to why it won’t cycle, but I guess replacing to two most suspect parts should sort it hopefully?! Lol. 

Just now, SBoardley said:

Hmmm. I guess we gotta wait for the new nozzle and hop rubber dude. I’m kinda stumped as to why it won’t cycle, but I guess replacing to two most suspect parts should sort it hopefully?! Lol. 

Haha.same here bud, well stumped, i lrddred a whole new hop unit too, just incase the original is knackered from previous jams, if its not them then its wither a trigger bolt or a whole new bolt carrier, baeicalt a new gun lol 

Just now, Regamuffin said:

Haha.same here bud, well stumped, i lrddred a whole new hop unit too, just incase the original is knackered from previous jams, if its not them then its wither a trigger bolt or a whole new bolt carrier, baeicalt a new gun lol 

The bolt lasts for years mate as do the hop chamber. And like I said; if the trigger resets manually it’s probably fine. Pretty sure it’s a nozzle or hop issue. Cus these m4 normally just work. I’ve only had issues using a ra tech npas. Literally no other problems, but I never use auto so trigger box lasts too. 

@Regamuffini forgot to ask if the nozzle is moving freely inside the bolt carrier? ie when you pull on the nozzle and release, does that t spring back into the carrier?

22 hours ago, SBoardley said:

@Regamuffini forgot to ask if the nozzle is moving freely inside the bolt carrier? ie when you pull on the nozzle and release, does that t spring back into the carrier?

Yeah checked this, it moved , doesn’t return great I won’t like compared to my mws’s that said I took it apart snd the return spring still looks like it should 

57 minutes ago, Regamuffin said:

Just thought I’d put it out there, new nozzle and hop up chamber, it’s all working now, plus tested on red gas well abbey red, kicks like a mule and cycles the bolt much better 

That’s great to hear bud. As for recoil, more stock than ghk, but I’ve yet to try the mws. 

47 minutes ago, Regamuffin said:

Lovely I’ll give this a whirl, did you do this and still have the shims installed? 

Yes. I forgot to put it in the earlier post. 

• 1 month later...

WE L85A2.  All stock internals at the moment, other than an LFS disc.  

Externally, replaced the polymer (plastic) foregrip with the Daniel Defence rail (Madbull, I think), and added the top picatinni rail.  It's great fun to skirmish!

IMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.ac349225ed9df4cf422ea582d694ae1d.jpeg

Annoyingly, the dust cover catch has departed the upper receiver, so it's always open now. I need to see if someone can 3D print the part, as you can't get them aftermarket 🙄

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.