Are you legally allowed to repaint a two tone airsoft gun once you get UKARA membership?

PTR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this question but im a beginner looking at getting into airsofting. I have a site 10 minutes away from my house where I can play and hire guns but I would like to start getting my own equipment.

My main question is, since I don't have a UKARA membership yet, am I able to purchase two tone weapons for now and then paint them black once I get a UKARA membership or is that not legally allowed? Would it be best to just buy a cheap two tone pistol for now to target practice at home then start investing more once I get UKARA?

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm still VERY new to all this.

Thanks in advance

My understanding is that should be fine, you have a defence to manufacture a realistic imitation firearm due your defence that you're an airsofter. Your membership of ukara then proves that defence. 

While it's very tempting to buy a two tone, I'll still advise against it, even though it's very tempting. 

Reasons for advising against it is you haven't had enough games to know if you truly like airsoft enough to spend on it, most people love their first game, by game 3/4 a lot have lost that buzz and have often over spent. Still love it after 3 games- spend away. 

Also, you're so new it's hard to understand what you'll like longer term, I hated m4s when I started but now I think they're awesome. You haven't messed with other players rifs at events, you don't know the pros and cons over what you're buying (based on the number of times I see "just bought this.....is it any good?!" Type threads. 

Covering a two tone isn't as easy as it seems, most covered two tones generally have some of the bright paint peeking through and you'll never get the best value if/when you decide to sell it. 

7 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

Covering a two tone isn't as easy as it seems, most covered two tones generally have some of the bright paint peeking through and you'll never get the best value if/when you decide to sell it. 

This. Also 95% of repainted 2 tones look absolutely terrible

Okay thanks everyone. I think I’ll hold off for a bit then. I was originally planning to try find replacement parts for the two tone gun I bought to avoid repainting but if I’m best waiting then I’ll just leave purchasing for now all together. Thanks a lot for the help everyone. Much appreciated!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.