where should I buy a tokyo marui hi capa 5.1 (and which one should I get)

Quokka

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

assuming you are in the US considering the retailers you mentioned?

Location would help but in hi capa land you have a couple options:

Government - Predominantly black with a few silver highlights

Stainless - 2 tone silver and black (warning, silver finish on the frame peels)

Gold Match - Predominantly black with gold highlights, has serated slide, better front sight, weird floting inner barrel system that everybody removes and angled cut frame. It's a great base if you want to go down the gold bits route.

Black - Self explanatory

Custom Dual - 2 tone silver and black (warning, silver finish on the frame peels)

Xtreme - It's a customer dual with a black frame and the internals are modified so it only shoots full auto

4.3 vs 5.1?

Only notable performance difference is the 5.1 gets slightly more FPS due to a longer inner barrel, easily solved if you get a 4.3 and move to a threaded barrel, run a tracer adapter and you can stick a 5.1 length barrel through it.

Parts availability is about the same now, there has been a surge recently in 4.3 parts so they're about level as 4.3 used to be harder to source parts for.

I'm very happy with my D.O.R version...

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-5-1-d-o-r-direct-optics-ready-gbb-pistol/

I have no intention of fitting the optic on it, I just like everything else about it.  I bought it especially for the larger gas volume from the updated internals which has meant it worked perfectly during the cold weather

I have a Gold Match, it's my favourite all-round pistol. I'm sure the D.O.R is as good, so it depends on which you like the look of.

I have a Gold Match and DOR. Both are good, but the DOR kicks better and feels more solid then the Gold Match. 

Edited by Asomodai

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I have a Gold Match and DOR. Both are good, but the DOR kicks better and feels more solid then the Gold Match. 

IMG_20220529_144217.jpg

On 28/05/2022 at 06:41, Steveocee said:

Location would help but in hi capa land you have a couple options:

Government - Predominantly black with a few silver highlights

Stainless - 2 tone silver and black (warning, silver finish on the frame peels)

Gold Match - Predominantly black with gold highlights, has serated slide, better front sight, weird floting inner barrel system that everybody removes and angled cut frame. It's a great base if you want to go down the gold bits route.

Black - Self explanatory

Custom Dual - 2 tone silver and black (warning, silver finish on the frame peels)

Xtreme - It's a customer dual with a black frame and the internals are modified so it only shoots full auto

4.3 vs 5.1?

Only notable performance difference is the 5.1 gets slightly more FPS due to a longer inner barrel, easily solved if you get a 4.3 and move to a threaded barrel, run a tracer adapter and you can stick a 5.1 length barrel through it.

Parts availability is about the same now, there has been a surge recently in 4.3 parts so they're about level as 4.3 used to be harder to source parts for.

I got  4 TM's and not one of them a tracer unit... Just to be clear.

You have to buy a conversion kit for the barrel, so more on top. I noted that non TM units like the two Glocks I have from WE both came without the box the required threads for the tracer to just screw in to.

1 hour ago, AirSniper said:

I got  4 TM's and not one of them a tracer unit... Just to be clear.

Nobody mentioned a tracer? TM's aren't generally cut for tracers on the pistols, the plastic outer barrels though can be bastardized with an 11>14mm adapter however as the standard outer is plastic, you can pick up an SLS 3D printed outer barrel for around £20 to completely swap out with standard and it would come fully cut for 11mm internal thread.
Not a lot really.

Some UK retailers will export to the States.

As someone who has done it the other way round  - I recently bought an Airsoft Masterpiece hi capa slide from Airsoft Junkiez in Georgia -  I can tell you that the postage was very expensive.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.