Specna Arms. Worth it?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, my cyma M4 has crapped out and I'm looking for a replacement which has brought the specna arms guns to my attention, particularly the edge range. A metal body, mosfet and quick change spring for less than £200 sounds like a good deal but the cynic in me can't help thinking there's a reason it's cheap. 

So, to put it bluntly, are Specna Arms shit? 

Can only speak for myself but I've had no probs with my sa e_05 at all. 

It's a good solid gun with no battle rattles. Purchased it from classifieds 18 months ago and it is used fairly regularly and replaces my amoeba 013 as my go to gnu.

It's a good solid gat that performs well.

Runs fine on an 11.1 lipo.

I would buy specna again👍

Regards

I got a specna dd mk18 a few months ago. 

It feels and looks nice, isnt too heavy and feels good in general.

It does the job for me; I'm yet to skirmish it but I have put a good thousand or 2 rounds through it in the garden and it shoots ok, not as good as say my tm scar but it hits a small square target (around 20cm by 20cm) at 20-30 feet every time with an average grouping. No mods, just a zero'd optic and the hop set.

• Supporters

I know it’s above that price range but I’ve got an Arthurian airsoft M4 and I think it’s an amazing piece of kit . Specna are the OEM for Arthurian and the guns are ‘pre-upgraded’ in the factory to their own specs(much like the deal Taiwan Gun has with Cyma) and I can’t recommend them enough .

• Supporters

I don't have any serious complaints about my SA-E02.  Decent hop, reasonable metal receiver and no problems with the Orion gearbox so far, even running an M140 spring as a DMR.  So-so motor, and the mosfet is just for trigger protection and current flow, it doesn't do anything in particular, and baulks at higher powered motors.  The QC spring is useful and just requires taking a screw out of the stock - you'll need a long JIS/Phillips driver and a light.  The grip is the daftest part, having a "quick change" base plate that creates problems rather than solving them, but you can live with it (or replace it).

Worth a punt, although if you can stretch to an EDGE 2.0 you get a Gate Aster with a lot more bells and whistles.

12 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

So, my cyma M4 has crapped out and I'm looking for a replacement which has brought the specna arms guns to my attention, particularly the edge range. A metal body, mosfet and quick change spring for less than £200 sounds like a good deal but the cynic in me can't help thinking there's a reason it's cheap. 

So, to put it bluntly, are Specna Arms shit? 

Hello.
I just want to buy a CYMA M4, I wanted to ask you, how long has it served you? and do you have full metal?

P.s. What is your opinion on this CYMA M4?

• Supporters

If your concern is reliability, CYMA M4s are a decent choice.  The very cheapest <£100 ones have nasty toytown plastic, I'd avoid those.  However, they work just fine and I always keep my CM.516 around as a backup-backup-gun.  The gearboxes are built to take M140 springs, so are if anything under-stressed at UK power limits.

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I know it’s above that price range but I’ve got an Arthurian airsoft M4 and I think it’s an amazing piece of kit . Specna are the OEM for Arthurian and the guns are ‘pre-upgraded’ in the factory to their own specs(much like the deal Taiwan Gun has with Cyma) and I can’t recommend them enough .

I believe E&C are the actual OEM, but not seen an Arthur up close.

Mine is stock except for an upgraded Mapleleaf bucking and nub. 
Lovely gun on a 11.1 Lipo.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Groot said:

Mine is stock except for an upgraded Mapleleaf bucking and nub. 
Lovely gun on a 11.1 Lipo.

Hmm, you've got me second guessing myself and wondering if I should run 11.1V and the stock motor (if I can find it) rather than 7.4V and a slightly meatier motor that double taps on 11.1V.

6 hours ago, Blondaiis said:

Hello.
I just want to buy a CYMA M4, I wanted to ask you, how long has it served you? and do you have full metal?

P.s. What is your opinion on this CYMA M4?

I've had it for a few years and it was one of the £100 ones. While the gearbox is fine (it's handled a 11.1v LiPo fine), the plastic body has all the strength of a dairylea cheese triangle that's been left out in the sun. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

the plastic body has all the strength of a dairylea cheese triangle that's been left out in the sun

Harsh but not entirely untrue.  Quite a bit of creak, and the lower and the buffer tube being a single part seems like an obvious weak point.  But everything fits together, and since I need it for CQB or as a secondary, I've just cut the buffer tube right off and front wired to a fake PEQ box.  They're light, which is always nice at the end of the day.

None of this is a recommendation for the sub-£100 CYMAs, I reckon you're better off spending a bit more to get much nicer plastic and some more features.  But as a viable starter, backup, or loaner (to someone you don't want to date) they do work.

Have I pasted a link to a Double Eagle M904G in here yet?
Damnit, I must be slipping.  I'll stop getting those commission payments from DE if I don't do my job properly...

Oh.   
Patrolbase out of stock.    BBGuns4Less out of stock.  Arggh.  That's the bargains done for. it'll have to be these two:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m916g-utr556?pv=17877
https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/double-eagle-m906c-ar15-rifle-with-falcon-system-in-black.html

37 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Have I pasted a link to a Double Eagle M904G in here yet?
Damnit, I must be slipping.  I'll stop getting those commission payments from DE if I don't do my job properly...

Oh.   
Patrolbase out of stock.    BBGuns4Less out of stock.  Arggh.  That's the bargains done for. it'll have to be these two:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m916g-utr556?pv=17877
https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/double-eagle-m906c-ar15-rifle-with-falcon-system-in-black.html

I did look at those, but I'm after something that's got the old style unrailed foregrips 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I did look at those, but I'm after something that's got the old style unrailed foregrips

Like this?

image.png.e48d29552d07fecb9115918e27f6a396.png

I should disclose that handguard on my SA-E02 isn't perfect. The top and bottom halves aren't quite flat, want to splay apart slightly, and are a little loose.  Nothing that a roll of electrical tape couldn't sort out in about 5 minutes, but it's an inherent risk with that that style of handguard rather than something more modern and tacticool that interfaces directly with the receiver rather than via a springy ringy thingy.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

I believe E&C are the actual OEM, but not seen an Arthur up close.

Was told Specna by a rep from Arthurian .👍

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's the sort. I'm just toying between that or the M16A2

Oh A2 all the way ! 😎 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's the sort. I'm just toying between that or the M16A2

M16A2 is pretty lush.  I went for the SA-E02 and added a (short) solid stock to make a sort of "teacup M16" for CQB.  I kind of wish that Military-15-Assault-Rifle-16 variants didn't have such decent ergonomics, but they really do work very well in most situations.

22 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Pretty sure you can buy the foregrips seperately if that's an option. When I had my D-boys M4 about a decade ago, that's what I did; it was a railed CQBR but I bought plastic grips and a carry handle separately so I could swap out as needed. Plan on doing the same with my MWS now too (though I already have the carry handle because I still have my old one I used with my D-boys M4. It's basically a relic now!)

Lancer Tactical do a couple of M4s with the old style handguards. I have one (M933). I prefer the look of them myself.

Specna do a model (B06 IIRC) based on the M16A2 with that handguard. Was on my want list for a while.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Can you tell me if the qd spring guide have 4 or 2 feet / lugs please

Im sure I can eventually 😉

5 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Lancer Tactical do a couple of M4s with the old style handguards. I have one (M933). I prefer the look of them myself.

Specna do a model (B06 IIRC) based on the M16A2 with that handguard. Was on my want list for a while.

Aren't Lancer Tactical rebranded cymas? 

That's the model I was looking at, although I've only just realised doesn't have the mosfet, not that it's a real issue for me 

6 hours ago, Impulse said:

Pretty sure you can buy the foregrips seperately if that's an option. When I had my D-boys M4 about a decade ago, that's what I did; it was a railed CQBR but I bought plastic grips and a carry handle separately so I could swap out as needed. Plan on doing the same with my MWS now too (though I already have the carry handle because I still have my old one I used with my D-boys M4. It's basically a relic now!)

That's an idea, I've got an old g&g cm16 gbbr which is supposed to have an aeg compatible body. I say supposed to as I was going to drop the cyma internals in, but so many parts are incompatible it's cheaper to buy a new gun

• Supporters
On 28/05/2022 at 08:27, ak2m4 said:

Can you tell me if the qd spring guide have 4 or 2 feet / lugs please

Mine has two .👍

On 28/05/2022 at 22:20, Cannonfodder said:

Aren't Lancer Tactical rebranded cymas? 

Err... possibly. There are so many brands out there and many seem to be made in the same factory and I did hear that they were CYMAs, although I have no idea. LT gets a bad rap online (via Yanks and Reddit) due to some well-publicised historical issues however seems to have improved a lot over the past 2-3 years. Mine certainly has been excellent, I did have a consistency issue early on that seemed to disappear, possibly due to it being new. However it's a solid enough gun and shoots very well especially on .25s.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.