Gate titan with warhead motor help

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my build is:

ARP9

13:1 zci gears short stroked 3 teeth + shs delayer chip 

New compression  set stock nozzle 

Gate titan advanced 

Warhead base 27k 

11.1v 30c lipo

I'm having an issue where the nozzle is always in the precocking position no matter what percentage active breaking I use even adaptive that is supposed to put the nozzle in the resting position

It's a warhead motor so I can't use precock anyway.

I don't want to leave my gun with the spring constantly under stress anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how I can fix it

1 hour ago, steverebo said:

[Snip] how I can fix it

Tear out all the internals and fit an HPA engine.

You seem intent on building a top-tier wanker gun with that setup, so why bother with all the hassle of AEGs in the quest for performance when you can just drop in an HPA engine, make a few tweaks and call it done?

I mean, all the cool kids roll with air hoses these days, right?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, steverebo said:

It's a warhead motor so I can't use precock anyway.

yes you can?

2 hours ago, steverebo said:

I don't want to leave my gun with the spring constantly under stress anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how I can fix it

some level of over-run is pretty typical in most pews, i wouldn't worry about it.

i did pull the grip on mine and trip the arl after a game, but then that was relatively easy on the e&l ak box and i was using all the precocking so it was slightly more needed.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Tear out all the internals and fit an HPA engine.

You seem intent on building a top-tier wanker gun with that setup, so why bother with all the hassle of AEGs in the quest for performance when you can just drop in an HPA engine, make a few tweaks and call it done?

I mean, all the cool kids roll with air hoses these days, right?

Nah its an arp9 so the short barrel means means I'm running an M125 spring so rps isn't that wankerish as all and it's my CQB gun so it tends to stay on semi and I just wanted instant trigger response which this give me. According to my gate titan my trigger response is 56ms 

13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yes you can?

some level of over-run is pretty typical in most pews, i wouldn't worry about it.

i did pull the grip on mine and trip the arl after a game, but then that was relatively easy on the e&l ak box and i was using all the precocking so it was slightly more needed.

Really on there website it says:

PRE-COCKING 

SET TO: OFF 

For best results pre-cocking should be set to off as this can interfere with the braking cycle of the motor and create undesired results.it is possible to use a small amount of pre-cocking in some cases but for the best uninterrupted operation we recommended turning this setting to off.  

The way the nozzle rests is perfect precocking anyway but maybe if I use a small amount it might correct it

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, steverebo said:

Really on there website it says

that looks to me like a warranty thing.

all precocking is is running the motor slightly longer than the usual cutoff point, you could acheive the same effect on a purely mechanical trigger by shifting the cam position.

mine certainly didn't explode or do anything out of the ordinary with precocking set to as high as it'd go without double firing.....

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that looks to me like a warranty thing.

all precocking is is running the motor slightly longer than the usual cutoff point, you could acheive the same effect on a purely mechanical trigger by shifting the cam position.

mine certainly didn't explode or do anything out of the ordinary with precocking set to as high as it'd go without double firing.....

That's perfect cheers bud i will have a play whe  i get home, I recon a small amount of precock and no AB will allow the nozzle to rest properly. I don't mind the free precock but I want to ensure my gun  lasts as long as possible

Do NOT use adaptive AB, it's a shit feature.

Better set it at 20% and leave it there.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, steverebo said:

I want to ensure my gun  lasts as long as possible

That's a rather peculiar concern given how much you've spent on getting the ultimate speedQB winr8.  Worst case, your spring will tire out a bit and you'll drop maybe a fraction of a Joule, not really an issue in CQB.  The cost and time of replacing a spring whenever the clocks go forward or back is negligible compared to what you've already sunk into it.

Does the titan always complete a cycle even on auto?  Or could you just tap a few auto bursts at the end of day until you get a lucky happy ending on your piston position?

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Skara said:

Do NOT use adaptive AB, it's a shit feature.

Better set it at 20% and leave it there.

indeed, i found it seemed to be terribly inconsistent.

ended up going old school with just using the timers which worked out much better.

48 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's a rather peculiar concern given how much you've spent on getting the ultimate speedQB winr8.  Worst case, your spring will tire out a bit and you'll drop maybe a fraction of a Joule, not really an issue in CQB.  The cost and time of replacing a spring whenever the clocks go forward or back is negligible compared to what you've already sunk into it.

Does the titan always complete a cycle even on auto?  Or could you just tap a few auto bursts at the end of day until you get a lucky happy ending on your piston position?

Yep the cycle completes and leaves the piston in exactly the same position.

I think it might be the delayer chip contributing to this as I think it stops the gear in what it believes to be the perfect position but the delayer chip is still preventing the tappet plate from moving forward it probably just needs to to stop a moment later to allow the nozzle to go forward

Just an update, I turned off active breaking turned on precocking set it tk manual on ots pre set lowest setting and now my nozzle rests perfectly in the forward position.

I'm sure its the delayer chip causing it just glad I worked it out cheers guys hopefully this assists someone else 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.