Air soft

zoltan orsos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I believe that classes you as a re enactor so technically yes but it will depend if a particular shop will except your membership. best to ask the airsoft shop rather than us.

17 minutes ago, zoltan orsos said:

Hi

I have been told in the shop that if im a member of the MVT (Military Vehicle Trust) i can legally hold a black air soft gun.Is this True?

As far as I know, unless you have a specific criminal conviction precluding it, you may hold pretty anything in your hand, but remember to always ask the owners permission first, don’t assume consent.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, BigStew said:

I believe that classes you as a re enactor so technically yes but it will depend if a particular shop will except your membership. best to ask the airsoft shop rather than us.

afaik isn't it supposed to be limited to stuff appropriate to the re-enacement groups theme?

eg if you're a ww2 re-enactor you can buy all the mg42's, m1 garands, lugers etc you like but can't technically get any flavour of ar?

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

As far as I know, unless you have a specific criminal conviction precluding it, you may hold pretty anything in your hand, but remember to always ask the owners permission first, don’t assume consent.

hi

is just that he asked me if i want to use it only in air soft field or i want play wit it in the back garden.I said is only for airsoft field and as far i know it has to be two toned.

Than he said if im a part of this MVT ican legally owe a black airsoft gun

21 minutes ago, BigStew said:

hello

is just that he asked me if i want to use it only in air soft field or i want play wit it in the back garden.I said is only for airsoft field and as far i know it has to be two toned.

Than he said if im a part of this MVT ican legally owe a black airsoft gun

hello

Than he said if im a part of this MVT i can legally owe a black airsoft gun

The distinction between ‘black’ and ‘two tone’ applies to the VCRA as ‘RIF’ and ‘IF

The seller is responsible under the VCRA if they sell a RIF without establishing a valid use (‘defence’)

As you have told the seller that you intend to play airsoft it’s very fishy that they have suggested the MVT

Unless you told them that you are a reenactor then they look to be attempting to involve you in a fraudulent conspiracy.

Why would you join the MVT as a re-enactor / military vehicle owner if your intent is to play airsoft?

• Supporters

If you are 18 or over, you are legally fine to purchase, or attempt to purchase, a realistic imitation firearm from anyone in the UK.  You are not committing any offence by doing so, and you don't need any sort of defence or licence to buy or own it.

It's the seller that's committing an offence by selling it. They need a defence to do it, one of which is selling for the purposes of historical re-enactment.  They clearly don't believe that's your real intention, they're just asking for a MVT number that they can record against the sale in the very, very unlikely event that it ever becomes an issue for them.  Some sellers even accept "defences" that are (legally speaking) nothing of the sort, e.g. cosplay.

That's a concern for them, not for you.  They want to sell, you want to buy.

My concern would be what you intend to do with it, and whether you're likely to attract the wrong sort of attention.  The double-post isn't a good start.

Please be aware that public possession of any imitation firearm, realistic or otherwise, is an offence, and that you need to be able to produce a reasonable excuse on demand.  That would mean being on the way to or from an airsoft event at an insured site, not showing it off to your mates down the local woods.

tl;dr version - if you're at least 18, you're fine to buy and own get an assault-style toy inside the UK.  Just be very careful what you do with it.

I am guessing that this was Patrol Base? Just a guess...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.