Anyone tried 'ARMA Reforger' ?

EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes, its early access so has bugs and incomplete features but bloody hell it looks good and plays above 15fps 🤣

Its going to be awesome...

(PM me if you want to meet up for a game)

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

More than 15fps in arma?

Imma be pressin X to doubt that: X

It's true... ff to the performance section of this vid

though I think my 1070ti, plus a desire for instant gratification (oooo-errr missus) means I'll be sticking to BF4 and WW3 for the time being.

Arma 3 was a little too clunky (and I'm sure the framerate played a part in that) for my taste, but if I can get my grubby mitts on a 4xxx Nvidia card when they're out, I might well give this (or more likely Arma 4) a go.   

(ps.  if any of you play BF4 TDM, I'm "dodBrooker" on the [SAND] servers)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

ARMA is based on a very old engine which has been updated over the years but was never designed to handle such large scenarios.

Its very dependant on CPU for the AI so a well made mission that spawns entities only around you will give good fps.

Reforger is the next step to ARMA4 and its looking good.

I've been playing ArmA 3 for ages and I absolutely love it ❤️, but nowadays my craptop can't run it anymore (BattlEye piece of shit keeps giving me BSODs).

Whenever I can be arsed to buy a new PC, I might give it a go...

BSOD is a sign of hardware problem as that's a base architecture level failure.

If you can play ARMA on a laptop then you'll love the performance of Reforger.

(Keep in mind there isn't much content yet)

I've not tried it but it's on my list of things to check out. It's been a while since I played A3, given that I normally play co-op with my buddy. If anyone of you plays Deadside or Insurgency: Sandstorm, then send me a DM and I'll invite you to our private server for some co-op, bashing IA a bit in hardcore, full tactical mode with ISMC mod and custom maps.

13 hours ago, EDcase said:

BSOD is a sign of hardware problem as that's a base architecture level failure.

If you can play ARMA on a laptop then you'll love the performance of Reforger.

(Keep in mind there isn't much content yet)

It's BE..

If I launch ArmA without BE active I can play it just fine, but only in SP.

Is this the ARMA which everyone is up in arms since they are charging 30 bucks for essentially a demo for the next one, v4?  So many new fps out I get confused.  Since UE4 and 5 every one out there making them

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.