Recommend me a new shotgun

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My old Tokyo Marui is getting a little battered and worn, I think she needs retiring, so I'm in the market for a new shotgun.

Any recommendations?

Don't really fancy an electric one, I like a good pump action, my old one is a springer but I'd consider gas.

Budget is flexible, but I don't want to go too crazy, it's just a shotgun to keep handy for close encounters.

One thing; I definitely do not want a shell ejecting gun.

Edited by Skullchewer

• Supporters

like shotguns, but I couldn't recommend either my ASG Franchi, or the CYMA CM.051.  Both springers, both tri-barrel.  The ASG works as advertised but has no hop and so is only effective at very close ranges. So I got the CYMA to get something with a hop, but that didn't work out.  It's very cheaply made, has feeding issues and the fixed hops are essentially useless as they provide wildly different and inconsistent amounts of lift, making aiming a complete lottery.

There will be folk who have had different experiences (and will be happy to post YouTube reviews to that effect), but the problem is, if you get a bad one there's not a lot you can do about it given the nature of these beasts.  They're sods to take apart, are filled with a hand-grenade's worth of small, fragile plastic components, and it's a coin flip whether anything you do to them will make them better or worse.

On gas, I've heard anecdotally that the Golden Eagle gas shotguns are leakier than a disgruntled civil servant, which just leaves the Tokyo Maruis and gambling that the fixed hops actually function.

If I were buying another (and it being airsoft, I might) I'd either go Tokyo Marui from a UK retailer and be prepared to return it if the performance doesn't match the price, or just pick up one of the cheapest Double Eagle single shot springers with an adjustable / "adjustable" hop, as if it works at all it would be a win. ;) 

My TM with fixed hop was great fun, and everyone that used it really enjoyed I, but at the end of the day an airsoft shotgun is just a bit of fun, and not something to field seriously, so I'm just looking at it with that approach.

I had been looking at a Golden Eagle but I'll strike that off the list now.

Currently an S&T M870 is too of the list, as options on getting another TM in the UK are limited at best 😕

• Skullchewer changed the title to Recommend me a new shotgun

I’ve had a couple of springers

My first taste of shotguns was the Fabarm STF12, it’s all plastic , works with the usual TM style 30 shot cartridges, gave an effective range of around 15-20 meters. I popped a red dot on it and it doubled its weight 😂

Does get good reviews, but I got bored of it quickly

Sling points are flimsy plastic, and total gash!

1FD6C127-4E7A-41A8-9B0F-2717E565D331.thumb.jpeg.e9a2fed1a6eb4ce4c9b7c848e8b57693.jpeg

After a wee while,I got an itch for another shotgun and picked up a Cyma MOE M870. A considerably better made piece of plastic. Runs on the same cartridges and system as the Fabarm, so easy and cheap to get shells for. A much better range, and could get .25’s out to circa 35-40 meters (I might have just got a good one) but it developed a fault after a few outings where one of the barrels would jam a beeb in it , that got sold as boneyard after I made it look like an APS CAM870 with trades and gold accessories etc

I then just recently bought an APS shell ejecting Cam870 

Ridiculously expensive 

Expensive to run

Shells are a dick dance to load up

Parts are next to none existent in the uk, so ordering from HK is the only option

I FCUKING LOVE it 

347FA324-6936-4CB0-8B92-FF2F525BA02C.thumb.jpeg.8512ef6a7107439311300dfcfcb1a40e.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Recommend me a NEW shotgun.

Springer: something from Cyma

Gas: Secutor Velites 

Exotic: APS Cam870 

Looking around and the Golden Eagle gas models are still catching my eye 🤥
Anyone else got any experience with a GE gas shotgun, specifically do they suffer from much leaking issues?

40 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Looking around and the Golden Eagle gas models are still catching my eye 🤥
Anyone else got any experience with a GE gas shotgun, specifically do they suffer from much leaking issues?

@Hrimfaxi Loves his Golden Eagle shottie!

2 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

I remember you getting the cam870. It is bloody gorgeous but I don't think I can be arsed with picking up/losing shells.

You get a shell catcher for them bud

Sits over the ejection port and catches / holds the used shells

No need to go walkabouts after each game foraging for them

At roughly £10 a shell, it’d get really expensive and disheartening 😂😂

03CD9465-D6C0-46B2-8932-BCFED43302E5.thumb.jpeg.779be3fc9154b2b9137805b9b4f9f6a9.jpeg

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Honestly go with another TM springer. There are after market stocks available for the SPAS 12

Yup, I like the idea of a Spas with the folding stock

i appreciate that getting the TM stock would be almost impossible, but I believe other manufacturers versions will fit with little “tinkering”

that’d be cool as fcuk 😎

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.