Mini/Small chest rigs for 3x 7.62 AK mags?

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

I am after a lightweight quality chest rig that can take both M4 mags and 3/4 7.62 AK mags. Also would like if there were two pistol mag pouches or molle to let me attach a pistol mag pouch.

I'd prefer if the mags were not double stacked. 

Any options out there for me? Preferably something in stock in Green!

Looking for something up to 100 quid.

Edited by Asomodai

I say a replica of this is your best bet. Maybe with kydex inserts to increase retention (bungees are ass)

The new spiritus MK5 will do 3 AK mags with molle to spare for pistol mag pouches, comes in green and under £100.

84C93339-3E88-4620-9501-ECC904C28FC9.jpeg.94e3c7f461b9bd38fc6b84c0b3a8b60a.jpegBBB1C5FD-EB9D-4BFF-B227-74D416220994.jpeg.1523003f939ffe456bd5e32d78cf5e70.jpeg

Or alternatively why not try the placard @TheFull9 has designed and created with first spear, choose your straps / inserts and your away.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

• Supporters

You can do steel 762x39 mags feed lips down in my placard which I don't believe is possible with the Spiritus Mk5 (still need to try it myself), but it needs a harness, back strap and insert; then pistol pouches as per OP.  That'll easily break £200 if it's all quality real gear bought retail though.

The HSP D3CR-M (or X as previously mentioned) or Mayflower Mk4 ticks the boxes here, would have to be replicas thereof though to fit the budget.   Or any plain PALS rig plus TACOs or big double AR mag pouches ofc.

35 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Mayflower Mk4

You mean the UV Gen IV? In that case no, I have a genuine one and it barely takes EPM clones (pouches are designed around the standard GI mags). Both the Gen V and Gen VI have different inserts for AK mags, but I don't know if there are copies of those.

I run this and I love it:

https://www.uktactical.com/product/warrior-pathfinder-chest-rig-od-green-16242

Don't need to put the two front ammo mag pouches on. Could put pistol mag pouches on the molle if you want, but I keep my pistol mags on my belt to keep it as low profile as possible so it's not too uncomfortable to go prone on.

Cheers folks and thanks for the ideas. I am looking for something that I can just grab and go quickly. 

I have whittled it down to three possibilities. 

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

I run this and I love it:

https://www.uktactical.com/product/warrior-pathfinder-chest-rig-od-green-16242

Don't need to put the two front ammo mag pouches on. Could put pistol mag pouches on the molle if you want, but I keep my pistol mags on my belt to keep it as low profile as possible so it's not too uncomfortable to go prone on.

This one. I would prefer the pistol mags to be off to the side rather then in front, but it looks like a nice bit of kit. 

An Ops Minimo. 

OPS MINIMO Chest Rig Coyote Brown - HUEY'S (hueys.co.uk)

With this panel. 

OPS Triple M4 Mag Pouch/Panel Coyote Brown - HUEY'S (hueys.co.uk)

and Pistol mags off to the side. (I cant stand more then a pistol holster on my belt)

Or this Flyye AK Rig which is cheaper then the rest, but the mag pouches are a bit deep for my liking. 

LT AK Tactical Chest Rig OD Green FLYYE - Airsoft Zone UK

What do you guys reckon?

Edited by Asomodai

• Supporters

I reckon I'll just leave this here 😏

https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtmb2nx.html

Cheap as chips, excellent quality & amazingly light & comfy, just add whatever pouches you need at the time. 

The bulle pouches are also very good quality & well priced. 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Cheap as chips, excellent quality & amazingly light & comfy, just add whatever pouches you need at the time. 

Nah. I really don't like the low style.

47 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

I have seen this before and It does, but it's not in stock anywhere. 

Just a quick note re the flyye rig. Flyte ak pouches often have the mags stand perpendicular to the body, curving away, great for keeping three mags in a pouch and stoping the curve of the mags from taking up too much molle space, but it does mean they stand off quite tall if you have them front facing on rig.

I use Flyye ak pouches and belt mount them on my hip. If you want them on the chest then I'd go the ops or warrior setups. I have warrior ak pouches on my rpc and they are great and I also have an ops panel for my mp9 setup, the ops kit has taken a beating over the years and has lasted really well.

32 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Nah. I really don't like the low style.

I have seen this before and It does, but it's not in stock anywhere. 

couple of places in Europe come up ,

https://emperionstore.com/ak-chest-rig-tactical-tailor.html

https://www.osuvaoutfitters.com/tactical-tailor-ak-chest-rig_1

• Supporters

Just to chuck a monkey wrench in the mix , may be cheap as chips but I’ve got three of them in different colors and I think there cracking bits of kit and quality is batting well above the price your paying for them .

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/8fields-tactical-buckle-up-recce-sniper-chest-rig?pv=10185

69943645-D170-496E-BA3D-FB36F10DA048.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Just to chuck a monkey wrench in the mix , may be cheap as chips but I’ve got three of them in different colors and I think there cracking bits of kit and quality is batting well above the price your paying for them .

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/8fields-tactical-buckle-up-recce-sniper-chest-rig?pv=10185

69943645-D170-496E-BA3D-FB36F10DA048.jpeg

I am upgrading from a cheaper bit of kit already. Looking for something marginally gucci. I think the three choices outlined above is the best chance I have of getting a nice rig for the weekend. 

• Supporters

Fairymuff , freely admit i’m a right tightwad so I always look for the best ‘bang for ya buck’ kit I can find ! 😁

The tactical kit one yea no probs but I very much doubt you’ll get the two European ones before the wknd The shit state the European logistics are in ref getting kit to the uk ? 

13 hours ago, Tackle said:

This is almost exactly what i use coupled with 2 of the doubel utility pouches. Gives me 6 mags on my chest and a spare pouch for radio etc and one loaded....more ammo than i can get through in hurry with the DMR

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, simonp said:

This is almost exactly what i use coupled with 2 of the doubel utility pouches. Gives me 6 mags on my chest and a spare pouch for radio etc and one loaded....more ammo than i can get through in hurry with the DMR

Spot on, I've had dozens of rigs (still got too many lol) but I came to realise the mle was probably the most versatile, the base rig was feather light but better made than the kit I actually wore when I served, & comfortable is an understatement, once wore one for 72ish hours straight, fully loaded plus at times with a full 120 litre bergan over the top, straps over straps so to speak, & I didn't have one ache or rub from it (bearing in mind that then I was about 46, & everything usually hurts lol) 

Literally bought a second to dye for my black loadouts, & whenever peeps ask about rig recommendations, this is what I proffer, but too often it's not gucci or trendy enough for the "operators" on here 😜(obviously don't mean the you Rob😁

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

“better made than the kit I actually wore when I served”

Heeellllllloooooooo ! A couple of sandwich bags and some gaffa tape would be better made than the shite we used ! 😳

🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Heeellllllloooooooo ! A couple of sandwich bags and some gaffa tape would be better made than the shite we used ! 😳

🤣🤣🤣

😂Ain't that the truth, get caught in a heavy shower & 58 pattern weighed more than the bloke wearing it😤

Biggest load of 💩, remember training with some yanks & trying on their nylon Alice kit, I was actually jealous lol

Sorry gents. My mind was made up and purchase has been made. I went with the Ops/UR Tactical rig. It had all of the right specs, Low profile, I prefer Velcro retention and it was in stock ready to ship in time for the weekend :). 

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Spot on, I've had dozens of rigs (still got too many lol) but I came to realise the mle was probably the most versatile, the base rig was feather light but better made than the kit I actually wore when I served, & comfortable is an understatement, once wore one for 72ish hours straight, fully loaded plus at times with a full 120 litre bergan over the top, straps over straps so to speak, & I didn't have one ache or rub from it (bearing in mind that then I was about 46, & everything usually hurts lol) 

Literally bought a second to dye for my black loadouts, & whenever peeps ask about rig recommendations, this is what I proffer, but too often it's not gucci or trendy enough for the "operators" on here 😜(obviously don't mean the you Rob😁

Christ, I am not Gucci op8er. But I do prefer a nice lightweight rig. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Christ, I am not Gucci op8er. But I do prefer a nice lightweight rig. 

I know your not mate, & I'm 100% in agreement on lightweight rigs, the lighter the better, in fact to that end I run so many options, wee man bags/belt platforms/bandoliers etc, even picked up a tiny tactical tailor fanny pack recently, just got to figure out how to get me fanny in it 😜

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

just got to figure out how to get me fanny in it 😜

You may need three!! 😂

On 23/05/2022 at 20:36, Tackle said:

Bought one of these on the back of this recommendation and I have to say I'm v. impressed so far- obviously I'll need to do a game day in it to see for sure, but it feels like the perfect compromise between battle belt and chest rig.

There's enough inbuilt storage that I don't really need to have a ton of pouches hanging off it either.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.