Delete

MickeyLT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

From my understanding looks like a simple code input bomb defuse or uplink app to rig up to a phone for a cool game mode for airsoft.

Always liked the idea, as long as it sounds convincing and not overly cheesy, and the UI is simple. Maybe having a very, very simple UI would be better, like one that looks like just a digital number pad and timer so that game organisers could strap a cheap phone to a few bricks of plasticine for a more convincing game prop? I don't think the leader boards aspect is that necessary.

Defo an idea worth pursuing mate, hopefully I've not just completely misunderstood what you're trying to say! XD 

5 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

No, none the wiser mate.

What is intended to actually do, because from your video all I am seeing really is a glorified stopwatch.
Not trying to shit on it, just not understanding what this is.

Looks me to like a 'defuse the bomb' app, so you could hide parts of the key sequence on bits of paper inside ammo boxes scattered around the site... find the boxes, get the key code, disarm the bomb.

Or have a VIP who knows the code and is held prisoner... free the VIP, unlock the secrets, win the game.

That sort of thing, I think...

The time tracking means the marshals don't have to run their own stopwatches to see which team does it fastest.

Quite tidy and a nice extra bit of fluff to the proceedings to lift it above the normal 'get 3 boxes in one place' kind of thing.. though does require a smart phone that might get bashed around a bit ;)

From that demo video it’s a coded ‘capture the flag/base’ or ‘defuse the bomb’

Nothing wrong with that in itself

It could be put into a game format by adding elements to the mission of identifying the code (clues, cards to be collected with part of the code on each), finding the device, getting it to a location, entering the code

There are many of these around 

Rather than an app that has to run on a smart device which means risking it. That can be also run on an arduino - you just need a keypad and display

There are plenty of examples across the web with builds and code (with pretty much your example available off the shelf)

To make it more interesting I would recommend a consequence for the wrong code - eg 3 fails and you’ve lost / blown up / alarm sounded and/or a continuity function eg there is a maximum time limit (the full game time) it initiates as neutral, the first hit of that button or successful code ‘captures’ the device for a selected side, the second renders it neutral

The final result is then - reds held for 5 minutes, blues held for 4:45

The continuity function is similar to a chess clock. Timing begins on the first hit, then it gets recaptured on each click 

Simple device 

An enhancement is to add in more than two sides, lights and sounds, a consequence alarm or pyro trigger etc 

• Supporters

Well, fair enough and congratulations on producing it.  I would caution that the worldwide market for it is a few hundred sites, of which maybe a few dozen would actually replace their current boom-box with it - conditional on aggressive marketing.  It's something to do for fun and experience rather than as a profitable product.

• MickeyLT changed the title to Delete
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.