PPS Bizon-3 sighting systems

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'd really like this variant but the up-and-over folding stock isn't going to suit the standard side-mount AK rails. I've considered replacing the foresight with a rail but it looks like the rearward overhang might also interfere.

So, has anyone found a solution that doesn't involve quick-release mounts?

Here's a link to a video review. You can see the stock collapse at about 0:58.

I've also attached a pic of the foresight rail in case anyone's seen something similar but shorter or more forward-extended.

Screenshot_20220522-160906_Amazon Shopping.png

what do you actually want to mount? scope, red dot, micro red dot? simplest option would be just to cut down the ris so the stock clears the ris when folded this will restrict the size of the optic. other option would be to tap the barrel shroud and screw a ris rail to it. honestly are you really going to have the stock folded in the field? the side mount will give you the most options for optics.

Yeah, it'll be a red dot, micro if necessary. I have the stock removed on my G36 permanently and it really works for CQB. Conversely, I have a fixed stock on my AK which seems more comfortable in woodland and at range. After having a blast with my lad's UMP, I found myself switching the stock up on the fly quite a lot, so I'd like to keep that functionality in the Bizon.

Cutting down the rear sight (not foresight, as I keep saying) rail is definitely looking like the best option unless there's a side rail mount that has enough clearance over the upper receiver so it can be detached to collapse the stock and still fit once it's folded up.

• Supporters

By the look of it I recon the RIS rail should ‘just’ about be clear of the stock but if not I also think you wouldn’t need to grind much off from the underside of the rail to allow clearance either .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.