Need advice on how to save this m4a1 TM Carbine advanced

NuclearWaffle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I was given this as it was found in my friends new house and he didn't want it. I was wondering what would be the bare minimum i'd need to get to give it a hope of giving it life again?  I've not done anything techy and I'm coming back to airsoft after a fair few years hiatus so may not be too clued up anymore.  Thanks in advance 

So I'm thinking a new upper receiver, new hop unit/barrel.  

I'm yet to charge the battery to check the gearbox function.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Supporters

Absolute bare minimum?

Glue the rail back down and get a proper receiver pin for the back end.

Then power it up and see if it still functions

Hop unit is buggered, to replace it with something half decent will need a new lower receiver as well as an upper (they usually come as a set anyway) or if you just want to resurrect it "as is" I probably have one of the old plastic ones kicking about somewhere. I may even still have a plastic receiver set.

connect up the wiring, check the fuse and then connect a battery and see if the gearbox turns over. if it does then it's worth saving.

As Lozart said you will need a new 1 piece hop unit and a new upper and lower receiver and rear locking pin. The plastic tabs on the upper you have are snapped off so it's never going to hold together too well so needs replacing.

I don't think its worth restoring.  Keep the gearbox for spares and any other bits which aren't broken.

Then just get a new CYMA or JG.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.