Ukrainian airsofters/paintballers not messing around

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Saw this online and had to post.

These aren't Ukrainian trainees, right? Look like common or garden paintballers to me!

Reuters eh?!

20220516_112618.jpg

Edited by Dentonboy

• Dentonboy changed the title to Ukrainian airsofters/paintballers not messing around

Yeah, I clicked on the article, but I am still not buying that they are. Surely they aren't training with paintball markers?

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

Yeah, I clicked on the article, but I am still not buying that they are. Surely they aren't training with paintball markers?

Why not? It's effective for force-on-force training and likely isn't the sole extent of their training - my guess is that this is putting learned small-unit tactics to practice, with pain helping to highlight mistakes :)

This won't be the limit of their training, especially by April, when the photo was dated.

• Supporters

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

Surely they aren't training with paintball markers?

Or: why paintball, when airsoft is a thing?

Do they think they wouldn't call their hits?  I thought the Russkis were the baddies.

20 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Do they think they wouldn't call their hits?  I thought the Russkis were the baddies.

It depends on the purpose of the training activity 

A lot of companies want to sell super special training systems to governments at great expense (and they do) complete with equipment that replicates the real weapons, but to put the lesson in practice they don’t need to use a real looking / real style operating gun.  

If they want close up activities and the consequence of feeling a bit of pain then paintball delivers that 

It may have been a conscious decision to use paintball over Airsoft, or it could just be what was easily available 

3 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

“They like to Spice it up by dropping in a steel ball bearing, they call it the golden snitch”

I'm re-watching Peep Show for the umpteenth time at the moment. Annoys me they didn't have any eyepro though! Definitely don't want a "Golden Snitch" to the face!

Ha ha! Lovely stuff all.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I remember seeing a Ross Kemp documentary in about 2015/16 where he went to Mariupol and pro government militia were training for cqb with airsoft guns

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters

If the civi volunteers are training with plywood cut outs of guns why not use paintball guns as well ? Would think when your training to defend the very existence of you nation and it people you'd happily use ANY form of training if it’s of even the slightest benefit ?

EF1A1C5A-8170-47DE-BC30-DA6C3992A583.jpeg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

But if you're choosing paintball over airsoft, are you really fighting to preserve anything worthwhile?

To quote Brian after he was nailed to the Cross “forgive them father for they know not what they do !”

at least I think it was Brian ? or some other bloke hanging around at the time .😉

35 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

To quote Brian after he was nailed to the Cross “forgive them father for they know not what they do !”

at least I think it was Brian ? or some other bloke hanging around at the time .😉

Was it Woderwick, or was he weleased before he got the chance to make any final speeches?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Think that geeza ought to send his ptw out.cuz he ain’t never gonna get three grand over here for it..

Wait, are you saying that my 12 year old car with a full(ish) service history and covers on the seats isn't worth more than a brand new one?

Do one, mate, I know what I've spent, and I know what it's worth all day long. :P 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Wait, are you saying that my 12 year old car with a full(ish) service history and covers on the seats isn't worth more than a brand new one?

Do one, mate, I know what I've spent, and I know what it's worth all day long. :P 

One careful rogerborg who has driven it to the church hall twice a week 

…… for drifting around the car park

On 16/05/2022 at 18:40, Stratton Oakmont said:

Don’t tell too many people but down on the beach in virginia USA you would see paintball splats on the killhouse walls 

Paintball or paint rounds?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.