Boy permanently excluded from school after Two Tone incident

John_W

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sigh...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/mum-devastated-after-son-12-23917349

Love some of the quotes

"If you are unsure whether your BB gun is legal or not, you should check with your police force's firearms department who will be able to advise you."

"According to one police force, BB guns that fire plastic or aluminium balls "may or may not be firearms so may or may not be prohibited". West Yorkshire Police said this was because the pellets are fired by different methods."

"Pauline said she was in the process of appealing the decision. She insisted it was not a BB gun Mitchell was found with - because it didn't shoot ball bearings but "small plastic pips". She added it was black and gold in colour, making it clear it did not pose a danger.

"It's not a BB gun and this is where my argument lay," she added. "A BB gun obviously shoots high velocity ballbearing [and] this shoots small plastic pips. It's gold and black so it can be identified that it's not a firearm.""

Well done Mitchell. ☹️

That's another black mark for us all..

• Supporters

Daily Mail Sadface Intensifies.

Boys will be boys, we used to get up to much worse back in the day with actual air pistols, scrumping dinosaurs, and so on.

But it's not back in the day, and gold isn't one of the colours in the 2007 regs. That's a RIF.  Dibble should be looking into who sold it to her, or worse, to him.

Tough on the lad, but the deck was already stacked against him.  Where's his dad?

I love the forced poses in articles like this 🤣 "Alright, we need you both to look like absolute miserable bastards that have been well & truly wronged, even though your little twat's friend started shooting people after devouring his happy meal with the pistol supplied by your little arms dealer"

Edited by MILITATED
Thanks Tommikka

2 hours ago, MILITATED said:

I love the forced poses in articles like this 🤣 "Alright, we need you both to look like absolute miserable bastards that have been well & truly wronged, even though your little twat started shooting people after devouring his happy meal"

He didn’t shoot people - he facilitated it - Junior arms dealer bringing in guns for his friends to shoot people 

well that's going to be fun when tje chimps in Westminister get they teeth into this.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, hairyballs said:

well that's going to be fun when tje chimps in Westminister get they teeth into this.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We’ve been through worse in the UK

Recognise it for what it is - a BB gun, that is not a toy made it’s way into the hands of a child with uncontrolled access

Either fraudulently bought, or negligently passed on

There may have been responsible access originally but kids do stupid things

Keep this case in the back of your mind whenever posts come up asking for tricks to bypass the VCRA, and condemn stupid things that occur

Yes your right,it's the parents I know a child who at 15 years old was with his Dad driving though Steveage pointing a pistol he just got at chav's.

How he got away with it I don't know but if the was my son no more airsoft.

My son's know how to treat airsoft weapons.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Tough on the lad, but the deck was already stacked against him.  Where's his dad?

Apparently mum thinks she’s narrowed it down to a bloke who lives in the West Midlands who she met on a hen do in Benidorm . 👍

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Apparently mum thinks she’s narrowed it down to a bloke who lives in the West Midlands who she met on a hen do in Benidorm . 👍

I have not been to Benidorm, don’t and have never lived in the West Midlands but have been out and about there more than once.

To my best recollection I had not been involved with any Pauline’s in the 2000s/2010s

Honest

……

Call it Cardiff, Wiltshire or Dover/Calais ferries the in the 90s to 2000s and I wouldn’t be so sure 

Edited by Tommikka

Why is nobody (paper included) mentioning the kid who actually shot the bb gun at other pupils? 

What was his punishment? 

Yes, this kid was stupid for a multitude of reasons, 1) having the gun on him in a public place that is not an airsoft site/somewhere it would be reasonable to be carrying a bb gun and 2) for giving it to someone else to use.

The kid who actually shot other pupils should also be excluded, ignorance is not a defence for doing something stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Encore said:

Why is nobody (paper included) mentioning the kid who actually shot the bb gun at other pupils? 

What was his punishment? 

Yes, this kid was stupid for a multitude of reasons, 1) having the gun on him in a public place that is not an airsoft site/somewhere it would be reasonable to be carrying a bb gun and 2) for giving it to someone else to use.

The kid who actually shot other pupils should also be excluded, ignorance is not a defence for doing something stupid. 

Because his parents didn’t go to the papers with sad face ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.