G&G Arp 556 or alternatives

Jacco

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently have a specna arms sa-e14. 

I'm looking to get a second pew, because A, I've caught the bug. B, I'd quite like to have a backup for full days and C, I'd like to do a bit more CQB style play. 

I like the short, pdw rifs and have been eyeing the Arp 556 for a while and it seems to tick all the boxes. Looks good, apparently sounds good, will take my current mags and fit rig. 

As it seems with a lot of bits at the moment, getting one is proving pretty difficult. So, 

Is this a good gun for around £300?

Are there any alternatives, possibly better? 

Max budget would be around £350 as would probably be getting some extra bits for it. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Thanks 

Guest Mr. No_Face

Arp556s are constantly in demand so sometimes retailors take liberties with raising the prices.  If you're looking for a better alternative then I'd suggest the Ronin TK45c. It has a similar honey badger, PDW look, great rate of fire and maintains a good trigger response even with 7.4 lipos. But more importantly it fires as straight as a laser and If you're not a fan of the smg type mags you can get the Ronin VM4 variant which will take most M4/stanag types.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

10 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Arp556s are constantly in demand so sometimes retailors take liberties with raising the prices.  If you're looking for a better alternative then I'd suggest the Ronin TK45c. It has a similar honey badger, PDW look, great rate of fire and maintains a good trigger response even with 7.4 lipos. But more importantly it fires as straight as a laser and If you're not a fan of the smg type mags you can get the Ronin VM4 variant which will take most M4/stanag types.

Thanks, yeah absolute nightmare and at £300 it isn't exactly cheap. I have found it somewhere but it's £350.. For the exact reason you said. Will check out the Ronin. 

Thanks dude 

Iirc G&G makes a polymer version at a lower price, but can't remember the name.

Either way £300 for an ARP seems a little over the top for me, if you don't mind teching you can get more performance for less.

You might want to take a look at the King Arms series of PDWs, I have the 9mm version and a full overhaul wasn't too expensive, I think I spent around €300 on mine between gun and upgrades, though I already had some parts.

Edited by Skara

35 minutes ago, Skara said:

Iirc G&G makes a polymer version at a lower price, but can't remember the name.

Either way £300 for an ARP seems a little over the top for me, if you don't mind teching you can get more performance for less.

You might want to take a look at the King Arms series of PDWs, I have the 9mm version and a full overhaul wasn't too expensive, I think I spent around €300 on mine between gun and upgrades, though I already had some parts.

Yeah I had a feeling it might be, because I don't think it's anything overly special and their arp9 polymer version is around £200 but I just don't want to have to get into 9mm mags and pouches etc. 

I've been looking at a couple others, the krytac trident mk2 pdw which is around the same sort of price but not sure how good it is if any better at all. The KWA ronin T6, as mentioned above, which I like, but from what I'm seeing KWA are not as good build wise as G&G. 

I'll check out the King Arms, thanks 

Guest Mr. No_Face
On 15/05/2022 at 12:44, Jacco said:

Yeah I had a feeling it might be, because I don't think it's anything overly special and their arp9 polymer version is around £200 but I just don't want to have to get into 9mm mags and pouches etc. 

I've been looking at a couple others, the krytac trident mk2 pdw which is around the same sort of price but not sure how good it is if any better at all. The KWA ronin T6, as mentioned above, which I like, but from what I'm seeing KWA are not as good build wise as G&G. 

I'll check out the King Arms, thanks 

Skara is right, £300 for an ARP is not worth it. As I mentioned before retailors are raising prices in response to it's overall demand. 

In regard to your statement about build quality? The Ronin series uses a solid version 2.5 gearbox and are almost entirely full metal construction, very robust. These are legitimate high-end AEG's that function at a more than competent level straight out of the box. You wont get the same quality with an ARP556 speaking from experience. In fact I quite comfortably used my Ronin TK45c straight out of the box in 5 on 5 Speedsoft local events and never felt the need to upgrade it at all. My only real gripe was in regard to the uneven weight distribution of the platform that made it slightly uncomfortable to shoulder. However the Ronin VM4 T6 is far better ergonomically.

This is just my two cents, ultimately the choice is yours. There's plenty of brands out there who offer competent AEGs in that price range.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

10 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

£300 for an ARP is not worth it.

Neither is KWA or Krytac. They are all bog standard AEGs at the end of the day with no 'special sauce' that really differentiates them from a mildly upgraded budget blaster.

Guest Mr. No_Face
41 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Neither is KWA or Krytac. They are all bog standard AEGs at the end of the day with no 'special sauce' that really differentiates them from a mildly upgraded budget blaster.

Although somewhat correct. I think the issue with that statement is what's the line of demarcation? What is categorized as "bog standard?"

There are a variety of factors in AEG's that need to be considered here; trigger response, ergonomics and build quality, durability etc. All of which can be improved with additional investment. So the issue of worth is something that needs to be considered.

• Supporters
On 15/05/2022 at 16:27, Stratton Oakmont said:

Can totally endorse this recommendation , I’ve got one and it’s an absolutely awesome piece of kit .

I bought it as a back up leave in the bag ‘just in case’ my other guns go tits up but recently when I’ve been able to actually attend a gameday I find my self using it all the time ! 🤣🤣

ARP9 and buy the polymer 556 lower. Stuck a kythera and stock delete on mine and it's savage. Also winds the fuck up out of all the ARP556 owners when I call it an ARP9.

Edited by Steveocee

On 16/05/2022 at 20:39, Speedbird_666 said:

I think I need to retract this comment. 😲

I have a KWA arriving tomorrow due to a moment of weakness. Admittedly it's the KWA EVE-4 with an all-polymer body, so retails at £245 instead of £350+, but it's pretty much the same internally as all the Ronin series guns.

• Supporters

And just in case your still on the hunt for a new gatt I found this for you a bit cheaper . 😉

https://newtechairsoft.co.uk/product/4361/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.