WE/Cybergun Desert Eagle slide/frame/mag compatibility

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all. I'm hoping someone with experience of both versions of this gun can tell me the feasibility of my plan. Heads up, it's a bit niche. 😄

What I want:

The full auto (metal slide) version, with a metal frame, with no under rail, that takes the full auto CO2 mags.

The problems I have:

I have 2 full auto versions with 10 mags. They have metal slides and plastic bodies, with a riveted under rail.

I ordered two metal bodies which never came. What did come from that order was 1 green gas magazine... which doesn't fit the full autos.

This has led me to believe that at least one metal frame is incompatible with my full auto slides. Is this the case?

Why the **** am I doing this?

Because I have a Deadpool cosplay and the holsters are sculpted to fit his Desert Eagles that have a railed barrel like the XIX but no under rail. I don't particularly want to drill the rail rivets out and would much prefer to replace the entire plastic frame with a metal one.

Hopefully that makes sense. Apologies it's a bit specific but I was on the cusp of buying two full metal semi-auto versions, just for the frames, when that magazine mis-fit gave me pause.

Included is a pic of DPs gun. I want that, but full auto, full metal, CO2 powered. Can it be done?

Cheers in advance 

R_B+Desert+Eagle-16 (2).jpg

Edited by Sifu Steve
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and not knowing you're shit.

• Supporters

While I can't tell you what's compatible with what etc, I have a question:

Do the two pistols, with their plastic/metal mix work as they should ? 

If the answer is yes then, & it's just my opinion, carefully drill out the unnecessary rails, make good any holes left behind & if needed, remould the holsters for a better fit. 

Some of the desert eagle kits I've heard of previously are notoriously hit & miss when it comes to quality control, & getting any semblance of acceptable reliability usually becomes a money pit that is impossible to recoup later on. 

And your doing it X2 lol. 

IMHO 

Good luck 👍

The green gas mag you received will be for the WE Desert eagle licenced by cybergun. The CO2 full auto desert eagles are made by KWC (licenced by cybergun). the WE is semi auto only. I'm pretty sure this is right.

There are 2x full auto desert eagles made by KWC. One is the standard DE and the other is the L6. You'd expect them to both be compatible given that the only real difference is the rail on the lower frame. But as you say you won't be certain of this unless someone out there has both models and can check. If the KWC L6 and standard DE are compatible then you have the problem of finding KWC parts which are quite hard to find. I'm guessing the metal bodies you ordered were for the WE desert eagle or perhaps for the Tokyo Marui.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys. I popped this up and totally forgot about it. I'm still none the wiser, it seems.

@Tackle The drilling out of rails was really something I wanted to avoid but in lieu of an alternative solution, it's looking necessary (the holsters can't be remoulded, sadly). In answer to your question though, they work absolutely fine.

@Daveoc33 Cheers for the insight. If I read it right, it would seem to suggest the only metal frames out there are for the WE and the only full auto slides are for KWC. As the mags aren't cross-compatible, I'm likely at a dead end...

@Cr0-Magnon Not at all. I have bright coloured toy guns for anything in public. Organised conventions etc usually have some form of police presence that will look over any props for RIFs and either ban them, insist on a bright muzzle tip/shroud or give dispensation for a photo area only.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.