Surefire style pressure switch plug.

Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, does anyone know if these plugs are available to buy as a component or what their actual name may be? I have searched extensively to see if they have a specific name but cant find any answer. I would like to buy a few that I can solder my own wire to. Thanks.

Edited by Khyber

Sorry, I don't mean the whole tail switch I mean a name for just the plug component. 

Aren't they 3.5mm stereo plugs 🤔

These ones....

They almost look like coaxial plugs.

Have managed to salvage one from a switch as the wire is too short so can add my own length to it. But would be nice to be able to buy a few so i can make pressure switches the right length and hide wires inside handguard etc..

th.jpeg

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Those are called "Crane-style" plugs/connectors. Surefire's are most likely proprietary and you won't be able to buy them separately, other than grabbing a dead switch off of Ebay or whatever and cutting it off.

Uhhh. I have a genuine sf pressure switch i cadged off my eldest when my clone one died. It’s shorter but defo works. 

image.jpg

Yeah i knew they were proprietary to surefire but with ali Express selling tons of clones. Some factory out there obviously makes them and I really thought I would be able to find them on there. Guess I'll just buy a few full tail switches for back up and to use as donors. Just a shame as a full switch is much more pricey than it would be to just buy a few plugs.

@DrAlexanderTobacco thanks that's a good start will have a search using that term and see if I find anything.

Managed to re use an old plug and solder a longer length of wire to it, whilst I was at it I threaded it through the handguard and also made my Unity button into a momentary switch as I prefer that to on/off. Had to disassemble the tiny button and basically super glued the 2 'clicky' parts together to remove the function and make it permanently momentary. If you ever wondered how clicky pens worked as a kid and took them apart to find out like me, It's the same mechanism. 😂

20220513_104104.jpg

20220513_094802.jpg

20220513_095407.jpg

20220513_104038.jpg

20220513_104034.jpg

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Managed to re use an old plug and solder a longer length of wire to it, whilst I was at it I threaded it through the handguard and also made my Unity button into a momentary switch as I prefer that to on/off. Had to disassemble the tiny button and basically super glued the 2 'clicky' parts together to remove the function and make it permanently momentary. If you ever wondered how clicky pens worked as a kid and took them apart to find out like me, It's the same mechanism. 😂

20220513_104104.jpg

20220513_094802.jpg

20220513_095407.jpg

20220513_104038.jpg

20220513_104034.jpg

Nice work dude.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.