Airsoft Forums UK

Surefire style pressure switch plug.

Posted (edited)

Hello, does anyone know if these plugs are available to buy as a component or what their actual name may be? I have searched extensively to see if they have a specific name but cant find any answer. I would like to buy a few that I can solder my own wire to. Thanks.

Edited by Khyber

Sorry, I don't mean the whole tail switch I mean a name for just the plug component. 

Aren't they 3.5mm stereo plugs 🤔

These ones....

They almost look like coaxial plugs.

Have managed to salvage one from a switch as the wire is too short so can add my own length to it. But would be nice to be able to buy a few so i can make pressure switches the right length and hide wires inside handguard etc..

th.jpeg

Yeah i knew they were proprietary to surefire but with ali Express selling tons of clones. Some factory out there obviously makes them and I really thought I would be able to find them on there. Guess I'll just buy a few full tail switches for back up and to use as donors. Just a shame as a full switch is much more pricey than it would be to just buy a few plugs.

@DrAlexanderTobacco thanks that's a good start will have a search using that term and see if I find anything.

Managed to re use an old plug and solder a longer length of wire to it, whilst I was at it I threaded it through the handguard and also made my Unity button into a momentary switch as I prefer that to on/off. Had to disassemble the tiny button and basically super glued the 2 'clicky' parts together to remove the function and make it permanently momentary. If you ever wondered how clicky pens worked as a kid and took them apart to find out like me, It's the same mechanism. 😂

20220513_104104.jpg

20220513_094802.jpg

20220513_095407.jpg

20220513_104038.jpg

20220513_104034.jpg

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Managed to re use an old plug and solder a longer length of wire to it, whilst I was at it I threaded it through the handguard and also made my Unity button into a momentary switch as I prefer that to on/off. Had to disassemble the tiny button and basically super glued the 2 'clicky' parts together to remove the function and make it permanently momentary. If you ever wondered how clicky pens worked as a kid and took them apart to find out like me, It's the same mechanism. 😂

20220513_104104.jpg

20220513_094802.jpg

20220513_095407.jpg

20220513_104038.jpg

20220513_104034.jpg

Nice work dude.