Ares mutant parts

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all.

I was wondering if anyone with one of the longer mutants with the "solid" type stock could tell me what part I would need to attach a solid/crane stock to my mutant? I currently have the stock wwith the velcro strap and I'm looking to change it.

Also, doers anyone know of a hop unit that would fit the mutant, as the one that comes stock is a little naff, it doesn't seem to do fine adjustment too well.

• Supporters

If you open up the end of your stock, you should see a screw head down the bottom. That screw is what holds the stock and stock tube on. If you buy a solid stock it should come with a new screw (as it will be considerably longer. You may need a sling plate to fit in the gap as solid stocks often have a little step cut out of the top where it meets the back of the receiver (again, if you pick your stock carefully it may not need that or indeed come with it).

5 hours ago, Lozart said:

If you open up the end of your stock, you should see a screw head down the bottom. That screw is what holds the stock and stock tube on. If you buy a solid stock it should come with a new screw (as it will be considerably longer. You may need a sling plate to fit in the gap as solid stocks often have a little step cut out of the top where it meets the back of the receiver (again, if you pick your stock carefully it may not need that or indeed come with it).

Not with the mutant. The stock tune screws into the body for you to put the battery in and get to the quick change spring. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.