Hello from new player

cle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys!

I'm a student just started uni last year in London and recently I bought my first airsoft in my life - a two tone cyma cm123 aeg(I really like the 1911 vibe :D).

I used to play a lot of fps games such as red orchestra or hell let loose. Have been interested in airsoft for years and oh boy the real stuff feels so nice and sturdy.

I'm planning to go to some skirmish sites in London - found a site called bunker 51 which is the closest (no idea if it is great, please send some advice on sites <3)

Some questions, is it fine for me to just use the cm123 pistol and protections in games (the site is a cqb site) or it is more fun to rent their rifles?

I'm planning to get rifles in the future as well, any advice on AKs?

Thank you!

Sorry if there is any confusing grammar mistakes, I'm not native speaker :(.

Regards,

CLE

Welcome CLE 🖐

Check here for sites near you: UK Airsoft Map — PlayAirsoft

Look up reviews of the sites to see which is worth going to.  (Someone in the forum may advise too)

I don't think the CM123 alone will be enough to play with.  Best to rent so you get a feel for other toys and after 3 games you'll be able to buy a realistic looking one. You can still use your CM123 as a secondary for certain situations.

CYMA do some of the best entry AK's  Their CM.04xx range are very nice and good performers.

Do lots of reading and your knowledge will go up quickly.

I personally would not recommend bunker 51 for a new player or even an experienced one.

it’s small, very small and I have not had the best of times there.

if you drive there are plenty of sites near London where you will have a much better day, check out the SE TOUR reviews in the site review section and you will see a lot of the work has been done for you.

also I would pick up a rifle or rent if I were you, even at a cqb site. Playing with a pistol only is fine and great fun, but I think you would need a bit of experience before you try that

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  I have a CM.123 myself, and you can just about use it CQB.  The lack of any rails means no integral torch option, I don't know how dark Bunker 51 is.

They're very low powered at about 0.37J, but the big issue is the woeful semi-auto response using the provided nimh battery.  You can get an aftermarket lipo battery that's a direct replacement, or you can rewire it yourself - even a tiny 7.4V 300mAh lipo gave me much better trigger response.  Consistency is actually OK.  Extra magazines run surprisingly expensive, although the aftermarket "100" round (more like 50 or 60) extended plastic mags are pretty decent.

You'll be outshot by just about everything out there, and might not have a great time.  Even the very cheapest CYMA M4s or AKs will vastly outperform it.

So you could rent a site AEG and use the CM.123 as a backup, or you could just turn up with the pistol and see how you get on.  You might find that other players will take pity on you and lend you a carbine - I usually bring one or two spares.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi Everyone, just a quick question,  I'm new to airsoft so getting a idea of the ammo I will need! How many BBs does everyone go through a month in general and what quantity of bbs do you buy and how often!?

this will obviously depend on how often people play etc.. but im just looking for a rough idea.

It very much depends on how you play and how often in a month.

As a rough guide for a day:

Firing single shot only you could use around 1000.

If you always use full auto at anything that moves and into bushes to clear them, probably 10,000+

BB weight is quite important to help accuracy and consistency.  0.25g to 0.28g is good for AEGs

0.3g+ is better for DMR/Sniper

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
4 hours ago, hjp said:

this will obviously depend on how often people play etc.. but im just looking for a rough idea.

Verrrrry site and style dependent.  Indoors CQB, I can shoot as few as a few hundred in a day, generally 0.2g.

Outdoors sniping maybe 100-200 0.43g+ sniper shots and 500-1000 secondary BBs in 0.25g or 0.28g (I run an MP5K).  Outdoor with a carbine, 1000-2000 of 0.28g, usually towards the lower end, but I'm a believer in aimed shots rather than...

archer-suppressing.gif

"Support gunners" can get through a lot, lot more.

Hi @cle 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting into it and hopefully enjoy it? 🤞

Regarding AK choices get a CYMA, for a budget RIF, bought one and racking up the hits! 🤪

Also have a channel if interested for beginners and footage? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.