NB tactical mask

lekne

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys wonder if anyone used ghost mask protection ? There are 2 options with nose cover and without . 

Screenshot_20220507-012719.png

• Supporters

I'd go for nose protection, it's not like it's going to deflect much breath upwards at your eyepro.

Depending on what guns you run though, I'd caution against full mesh as you may not be able to get your eye in line with the sights or optic.  For M4s, a mesh-fabric mix like the OneTigris inspired masks work better.  For pistols or if you're running a rail riser, sure, full mesh all day long.

I have one, I think they are pretty good if you are wearing a balaclava of course. The metal is quite flexible so you can smush it to fit your face....ymmv of course.  The downside is that for me at least it interfered with the chin strap on my helmet which was basically unacceptable. I ended up cutting it down into a kinda orange peel shape so it just protects my teeth.

8 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I have one, I think they are pretty good if you are wearing a balaclava of course. The metal is quite flexible so you can smush it to fit your face....ymmv of course.  The downside is that for me at least it interfered with the chin strap on my helmet which was basically unacceptable. I ended up cutting it down into a kinda orange peel shape so it just protects my teeth.

thanks for feedback

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the Fortis 2 with nose cover and I'm loving it

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Lekne how was your experience with the NB-Tactical Fortis V2 and their Balaclava?

I'm new to Airsoft and their face protection look really nice.

Besides you, anyone else that comes across this how's your experience? Do the protection tend to move a lot under the balaclava and you have to readjust it?

• 1 month later...

I have owned both the venom and the Fortis and in all honesty I much preferred the venom mask, I may be one of a few but I found that the Fortis' nose protection ended up giving my eye pro a big fog problem, as soon as I swapped to the venom mask it was as if I wasn't wearing any face protection at all. Both are pretty comfortable (although I run a helmet as well so I feel @GeorgePlaysAirsoft pain) you can sit the mask just right where it sits under the helmet strap and I found it to be pretty comfortable when moulded and you have worked out the placement. Admittedly they are pretty pricey but I have tried so many different variations of goggle and mask combos to get rid of fog while keeping comfort and protection in mind, and this is definitely imo the best solution. I may be lucky because I have never been shot in the nose with the venom mask on, yet I have had a fair few mouth shots and was thankful to be wearing something. If you are thinking of getting one of these masks DO NOT pay for their balaclavas, you can literally find exactly the same one on Amazon for a fiver in multiple colours, I realised this after I purchased smh

Edited by acrxil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.