'Owners club' forums

Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey just an idea... I think it would be nice to have an 'owners club's forum which can have individual sub forums dedicated to popular RIFs where all information can then be discussed in separate threads. For example the TM Zet platform (or MWS as it's more known) or TM Hi Capa platform including clones or ASG Scorpion Evo etc...

it's great having all the information in one place like the MWS thread but you just get people whinging that the thread is too long. If it were in a sub forum where questions and discussions on specific things can have their own thread I think it may be more beneficial. Just a thought...

The opening of a new 'owners club' could be made by mods only with a thread where people can request via a poll for a sub forum for a specific platform or RIF then if it receives say 15 votes a sub forum could be made for that platform/RIF.

Hope that makes sense :)

Trouble is in a subforum you’ll still get the same questions as you get in a super thread just in individual threads , scattered everywhere because people will still moan that they can’t be bothered to read through all the others . 

unless … you break the subforum down with stickied threads and then lock the rest so new threads can only be started by request . 

Still a lot of work for moderators to keep tidy though .

just my 2p.

PBnation does something similar for paintball guns, but the guns were so genuinely different in operating mechanisms (at the time - not so much now) that it made sense.

For example there would be no point having separate forums for G36s, CZ Brens, AKs, AUGs etc as they all use the same style of gearbox, with only subtleties such as hop units and nozzles to differentiate them.

Then there's the ballache of moderating the sub-forums.

As for 'long' threads, well, there is this funny little feature on these here forums that's called - wait for it - the 'Search' function. Sometimes that comes in quite handy if you are looking for specific information. You can even search within said thread. Clever that.

Yeah I guess having new threads locked would work well. Keep the threads to a minimum and have a thread for categories I.e. hop unit, inner barrels, gearbox, frame/body/receiver, rail etc... then discussion can take place in them without multiple threads on the same subject.

Just now, Speedbird_666 said:

PBnation does something similar for paintball guns, but the guns were so genuinely different in operating mechanisms (at the time - not so much now) that it made sense.

For example there would be no point having separate forums for G36s, CZ Brens, AKs, AUGs etc as they all use the same style of gearbox, with only subtleties such as hop units and nozzles to differentiate them.

Then there's the ballache of moderating the sub-forums.

As for 'long' threads, well, there is this funny little feature on these here forums that's called - wait for it - the 'Search' function. Sometimes that comes in quite handy if you are looking for specific information. You can even search within said thread. Clever that.

I'm well aware of the search. I use it very frequently. Maybe it's just my OCD of liking things organised and categorised. 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.