Airsoft map designer needed for hire

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need an airsoft map desiger for hire or anyone that is willing to help me with designing the map. It used to be old brick factory.

1. Hangar 2. Chimney 3. One way tunnel with doors on the left hand side 4. Building with entries without connection between them 5. Roofless with wild trees insade 6. Small building 

IMG_20220505_173100.jpg

I have limitless pallets, bricks, osb wood and tires. Any idea is welcome 

Interesting!  
I don't know if there are 'map designers for hire', but I'm pretty sure you could get a decent crowd-opinion from the residents of this forum...

My contribution: a slightly bigger picture of the same area... and some questions
image.png.2bbd84e6836c34e82327f16d2589004d.png

The tunnel - is it lit inside?  how wide is it?  Where's the exit?

It actually looks like quite a big playing area, but with not much cover across the top of the tunnel?
That'd be the area I'd expect you need to concentrate use of pallets, tyres etc. 
It'd be good to see some close-up shots from ground level to judge changes in elevation, vegetation  etc

Not sure if serious. 
However I am a professional airsoft map designer. Give me a truck of plywood 478 pallets, a couple of diggers. 468325cubic meters of concrete, 786 workers to hand dig trenches and a packet of peanuts, Salted dry roast ONLY. And cover my hourly fee and we have a deal

8 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Interesting!  
I don't know if there are 'map designers for hire', but I'm pretty sure you could get a decent crowd-opinion from the residents of this forum...

My contribution: a slightly bigger picture of the same area... and some questions
image.png.2bbd84e6836c34e82327f16d2589004d.png

The tunnel - is it lit inside?  how wide is it?  Where's the exit?

It actually looks like quite a big playing area, but with not much cover across the top of the tunnel?
That'd be the area I'd expect you need to concentrate use of pallets, tyres etc. 
It'd be good to see some close-up shots from ground level to judge changes in elevation, vegetation  etc

Thank you for the response! Tunnel has one front entrance that leads 2 ways. One leads to the other side and the other is dead end but it could be penetrated to the other side. One the left hand side you have small passages. Ill update tomorrow with ground footage and video material to show the full potential of the area. P.s. exuse my English, not my native and thanks 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

Airsoft maps are designed????

Of course👍

By people with the mental age of a 5 year old😏

(no offence meant if any of you are working at the moment with crayons & your tongue out😋

59 minutes ago, VoskePsihopata said:

I need an airsoft map desiger for hire or anyone that is willing to help me with designing the map. It used to be old brick factory.

1. Hangar 2. Chimney 3. One way tunnel with doors on the left hand side 4. Building with entries without connection between them 5. Roofless with wild trees insade 6. Small building 

IMG_20220505_173100.jpg

I have limitless pallets, bricks, osb wood and tires. Any idea is welcome 

Awesome potential, I'd be inclined to say get some experienced players/mates down for a private test game, essentially an R&D brainstorming session to what would work with what's currently in situ, & where you could utilise the materials you have to the best advantage. 

Is this within the UK ?, if so what county or district ?, only asking out of personal interest. 

EDIT I can see from Rogerborgs kindly provided map its not UK, they're all on the wrong side of the road lol

11 minutes ago, VoskePsihopata said:

Well, this one needs to be designed beacuse otherwise it wouldnt be fun. 

All cynicism aside, best of luck. I'd love to have the opportunity to set up an airsoft site.

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I know cynicism is the UK national hobby, but really, isn't it great to see a site runner actually planning the best experience, rather than just muddling through?

Couldn't agree more

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

they're all on the wrong side of the road lol

Could be kicking out time...

5 looks ideal for a kill house:

Clear out the trees, build a grid frame system of ‘rooms’, put up boards as the walls.

Ideally leave an open doorway in every wall ( so each ‘room’ has entrances in every direction )

Then close off some the doorways either by semi permanently screwing them in place, or hang them on hooks so they can be rearranged 

If possible build some overhead walkways/observation platforms - that way you can have staff watching overhead to run the game and oversee for safety, plus have a couple on the ground to run in for an emergency

OSB wood panels should work for a kill house wall system (cut some windows etc for variation)

Check pallets for condition - you don’t want customers getting large splinters from rough pallets, or a part broken panel snapping 

Also check their nails - you don’t want a customer to get embedded onto a rusty 6” nail. Where practical remove loose nails & replace with screws

Avoid using pallets as temporary floors, boots will go through and ankles  will get trapped

Consider covering pallets with hessian sheeting / sacks as obstacles 

Check tyres for condition.  If old tyres are worn unevenly then the underlining wire will be exposed

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, DaktariT said:

I'm also after an Airsoft map designer.

Screenshot_20220507-120210.png

Where's that & how much of it have you got to play with ??? 

PS looks a bit "sandy", is this a giggle lol

I went ahead and made a blank site plan for you or anyone to sketch on:
https://imgur.com/AGDc3GR

And here is my first sketch:
https://imgur.com/aiecw3y

(Images are A3 sized at 150 DPI)

My initial thought is it is very close to the road and a train track (?) so I fenced off game zone to ~30 meters away from the track to limit stray BBs. This could be a wire fence with some tarp covering it, for example.

Correct me if wrong but looking at Google map and Bing map and Yandex maps, it seems the site is abandoned and the buildings are in a state of decay, and some have obviously collapsed. I wonder if the remaining structures are actually safe to be around. (I'd imagine your insurance might want to know.)

I also don't know the extent of your site but looking at openstreetmap I am guessing it is not much beyond where I drew the fence. The water feature to the north is probably too dangerous, might be connected to the water treatment plant nearby, and not good for gameplay anyway so I excluded them.

Safe zone: The house near the entrance has toilets and electricity?

Game zone: I put up some OSB walls to divide up the site into pockets of spaces to make it more interesting. Then props can be put on pallets and moved around to populate the site, these can also be randomized between games with a folklift. Also see modules like these www.arena-design.fr/modules/

Also you might want to decide on a theme/lore which can help you choose the kind of decorations or colour themes e.g. sci-fi or historic or contemporary...

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, DaktariT said:

Are we still entertainmenting designing fictional Airsoft sites?

Screenshot_20220518-204120~2.png

My vote goes to a moon base.

Both indoor and out-door, airlocks, 1/10 gravity will really screw with peoples hops, oxygen deprivation.

You could have semi finals run on the ship  on the way there. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.