G&g sr25 magazine compatibility

Ebr sniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Im looking for some help and info please. I have searched this topic and it’s as clear as mud as so many forums and posts give conflicting information. I recently bought a g&g sr25 and have been looking for mags for it. I can get a&k sr25 mags for a good price but not sure will they work in the g&g. Can anyone help with the correct info please?

Thanks 

The A&K uses a different gearbox, nozzle and hop unit to the G&G. Are you unable to source G&G mags?

I can get the g&g mags but they are expensive and i have found someone selling 5 a&k mid caps mags very cheap so was hoping they might work with some modifications 

Metal G+g midcaps are crapp . Don't lift heavy BBS very well . Unless u get the PTS style ones which are great . Sure u can use the battle axe style ones and dremil the hole for the latch a little to fit . They are only 10 each and hold 200 BBS . Also used them in my classic army sr25 and fed .48g with ease 

Try YouTube as sure there is a sr25 how too magazine fitment on there . Or Reddit 

On 01/05/2022 at 08:15, Cr0-Magnon said:

The A&K uses a different gearbox, nozzle and hop unit to the G&G. Are you unable to source G&G mags?

Are they not designed to work with the same mags, just in a different way?

The g&g has a normal V2 gearbox and an elongated hop unit & nozzle, whereas the A&K is a longer V2.5 gearbox with a standard M4 style hop unit.

This should place the magazine feed in approximately the same location.

I remember trying this with my old A&K, and a G&G hop unit and from what I remember it seemed to line up.

Admittedly, It *has* been about 12 years since I did it, so I might be remembering it incorrectly!

ive got a few different ones around here somewhere if you want send me a pic of your g&g mag with dimensions and ill measure all mine see if any are similar if they are just pay postage and theyre yours

Been looking at the g&g and a&k mags and they look almost identical apart from the mag release latch hole is slightly off but can be filed down to fit I’m sure. It’s the feeding of the mags I’m afraid about.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.