Calling all that have a 3D printer, MOSQUITO Open Beta test!

AK47frizzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got a receiver side on the printer to test. Gotta get used to Prusa Slicer (only really familiar with Cura), but using the recommended settings it seems to be printing OK on an Ender 3 V2 so far.

image.png.816a8faed77ac4d4ce3ef2d5524a558d.png

19 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

My dad's going to be printing one when he can source the internals. Kind of want to make a holster for it

I'm going to remove the Iron Sights, internal threading from the end of the barrel and the stock/folding mechanism entirely. Going stock-less à la the Tec-9.

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

What length inner barrel is it designed for?

Up to 150mm according to the build manual. I have a couple of surplus brass inner barrels that I'm planning to cut and re-crown.

As the STEP files have been provided, it's fairly easy to modify the model to increase or decrease the barrel length (within reason obviously).

Edited by Speedbird_666

I was going to put away my FDM printer and get the Resin one out for a bit but I'm going to give this project ago, luckily I have most of the internals already.. just need to slice them up and change the spool and I'm ready to rock

Got a few bits printed before my printer shit itself. I've also decided to pick up a textured PEI bed (currently using a smooth one) so will probably be reprinting the receiver sides/top.

image.png.a9e6d4c990139464b8fa73e3eab2a9d0.png

Waiting on new printer parts at the moment, but will resume printing soon.

2 hours ago, adrutu said:

Well, mine is done. Stockless with a crap GB for now but i love it! Also kept the original safety plate, only replaced the swingy part that meshes with the lever and it works a treat.

Nice. Well done.

My printer is nearly back up and running so will be looking to crack on with mine soon.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.