S&T Lee Enfield Mkiii

Beau

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, just bought my son an S&T Lee Enfield Mkiii. Problem is it is only shooting at about 295fps.  He wants to use it as a sniper so I’m looking to upgrade the spring. Has anyone upgraded the same rifle that can advise any other upgrades at the same time ie. piston, spring guide etc? I don’t want to put a bigger spring in and break something else as a result. Thanks in advance. 

19 minutes ago, Beau said:

Hi all, just bought my son an S&T Lee Enfield Mkiii. Problem is it is only shooting at about 295fps.  He wants to use it as a sniper so I’m looking to upgrade the spring. Has anyone upgraded the same rifle that can advise any other upgrades at the same time ie. piston, spring guide etc? I don’t want to put a bigger spring in and break something else as a result. Thanks in advance. 

They are so new to market it's hard to say whether the stock Sears will last long with an upgraded spring. My betting is that it won't. These aren't designed for Sniper FPS out of the box.

Not even sure what trigger box or Sears you could use to replace the the stock ones or if they are proprietary. There are certainly no original spare parts available at the moment. 

Edited by Asomodai

Most of the internals are vsr based. It's worth joining the S&T SMLE owners group on facebook. There are one or two on there that have pushed the power levels up. Most of us seem to use it as a combat rifle without having to worry about MED which is alot of fun.

7 hours ago, Nick G said:

Most of the internals are vsr based. It's worth joining the S&T SMLE owners group on facebook. There are one or two on there that have pushed the power levels up. Most of us seem to use it as a combat rifle without having to worry about MED which is alot of fun.

Exactly how I intend to use it. Cannot wait 

1 hour ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

Exactly how I intend to use it. Cannot wait 

Absolute hoot using it like that. I run .30's in mine and am very impressed with the performance out of the box . 2 or 3 mags and a speed loader and you're good to go !

• 4 weeks later...

How much knowledge do you need to keep the rifle in good condition, is there much maintenance required? 

On 27/04/2022 at 08:32, Nick G said:

Looking on the PB website it says 395 fps, are a lot of people finding that it is infact lower?

21 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

How much knowledge do you need to keep the rifle in good condition, is there much maintenance required? 

Looking on the PB website it says 395 fps, are a lot of people finding that it is infact lower?

Can't remember what mine chrono'd at last time. I'll try and check it later.

I'm seeing about  0.8 j on mine with .30's     (about 300 fps in old money)  It's incrdibly consistant so I'm happy that it's pretty well sealed . Happily ranges out with aeg's and very accurate too by airsoft standards. 

So PB's 395 is optamistic unless mine , which came from PB, is a Japanese market one . Might have a restricter fitted or a weaker spring, I'll have a look when I open it up but not bothering to do that untill something breaks.

53 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I'm seeing about  0.8 j on mine with .30's     (about 300 fps in old money)  It's incrdibly consistant so I'm happy that it's pretty well sealed . Happily ranges out with aeg's and very accurate too by airsoft standards. 

So PB's 395 is optamistic unless mine , which came from PB, is a Japanese market one . Might have a restricter fitted or a weaker spring, I'll have a look when I open it up but not bothering to do that untill something breaks.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.