muzzle system that ignites the gas coming from airsoft gun?

rainyfur

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Also I'm sure modifying something to produce a flame which isn't supposed to would give the insurance people a very twitchy bum hole and probably wouldn't be covered if anything went wrong 

no insurance we have medics on standby if something goes wrong same for firefighters and equipment 
also sparks like effects can come out of a shotgun and i would think the green gas would makes sparks like affect more then flame and if your worried about fire with the shotgun we have a working flamethrower.

30 minutes ago, rainyfur said:

no insurance

In that case I hope you have deep pockets if something goes wrong. Medics and firefighting equipment won't stop you being sued when one of your cast or crew end up injured from your stupidity or negligence 

30 minutes ago, rainyfur said:

i would think

I suggest thinking a bit harder as a gas burning will produce a flash of flame, not sparks. 

With every post this is looking like an even dumber idea

Edited by Cannonfodder

58 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

In that case I hope you have deep pockets if something goes wrong. Medics and firefighting equipment won't stop you being sued when one of your cast or crew end up injured from your stupidity or negligence 

Ah, give the kid a break; after all, nothing ever goes wrong on a film set, does it? 🔫

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rainyfur said:

no insurance we have medics on standby if something goes wrong same for firefighters and equipment 
also sparks like effects can come out of a shotgun and i would think the green gas would makes sparks like affect more then flame and if your worried about fire with the shotgun we have a working flamethrower.

So no insurance, what, couldn't afford it or nobody would give you cover ? 

But you can afford to have qualified medics & firefighting personnel on standby ?, who'll expect payment even if they do nothing. 

& on the subject of insurance, or the lack of it, should the shit hit the fan & someone is hurt, expect the legal action to take everything you own, and some, for many years to come, as well as possible criminal charges. 

Sorry, I call bullshit on this whole thread, just like every other "film" thread that's ever graced an airsoft forum. 

@rainyfur

The video link I posted literally talks you through and shows the process of making a shotgun blast a flame out of the barrel 

Anyone with the tiniest bit of a practical minded brain could provide a solution that could apply that and costs pennies.

The rest of the video shows the range of different prop guns that could be used and many different ways of ‘live’ SFX including various ways of minimising the risk involved 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Sorry, I call bullshit on this whole thread, just like every other "film" thread that's ever graced an airsoft forum. 

No need to apologise for being right.  Fantasists gotta fantasise.

One specific issue is that the sort of people who will provide medical and fire cover without production liability insurance to cover them when things go Baldwin are exactly the sort of people that you wouldn't want to be relying on.

It's amazing how many people with huge ideas would rather hang around in forums arguing about them than actually getting on with implementing them.  Remember that stable genius here who was poised to file patents on an team tracker device that it turns out had already been invented at least twice before?  That all went a bit quiet, didn't it? :D 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.