Starter AEG M4 variant rifle suggestions

PumaUK7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just joined, been looking for a couple of hours trying to find a suitable AEG M4 style rifle across all the usual sites but cannot find a general consensus over what's best value currently.

Seems to be a lot of suggestions for Cyma / Specna / G&G / TM recoil rifles but with a wide spread of prices and contradictory opinions.

I like the look of CQB M4 with a floating rail system and looking to spend up to say £200 including battery / charger etc.

What's my best option please?  Also, are there any specific stores I should be favouring please?

Really hard to get a consensus on this kind of question, airsoft seems to be a very chaotic industry. Quality Control ebbs and flows, and half of it is rebadged, copied or stolen.

Fwiw I got a Lancer gen2 M4 as my entry level gun based purely on looks, price and the spiel on Patrol Base, and while it isn't *amazing* by any stretch of the imagination,  it hasn't let me down so far.

I think a good rule of thumb is to look at what the sites are handing out as rental guns - chances are they're reliable enough, which is the best you can hope for really.

45 minutes ago, Floperator said:

I think a good rule of thumb is to look at what the sites are handing out as rental guns - chances are they're reliable enough, which is the best you can hope for really.

Most rentals I come across are JG G36s. Pretty much bomb proof and somewhat underrated IMO.

To the OP - there will never be a consensus for this price category (<£200). It's a hotly contested segment of the market, and there are new products released on a near-monthly basis, along with numerous re-brands from the same OEMs. As mentioned, quality varies greatly, even with the same manufacturers (looking at you Specna).

If you need batteries (plural - one won't be enough) and a charger, realistically you will have less than £150 from your budget for the actual gun.

Had more of a hunt about; a Specna Arms Daniel Defense MK18 SA-C19 Core  looks reasonable at approx £150.

If not that, it seems that the bottom rung Specna Cores and the equivalent CYMA are just over £100.

Are these fine, or is it worth going for the next model up? So a Specna Edge or similar?

On 23/04/2022 at 13:58, PumaUK7 said:

Hi all,

Just joined, been looking for a couple of hours trying to find a suitable AEG M4 style rifle across all the usual sites but cannot find a general consensus over what's best value currently.

Seems to be a lot of suggestions for Cyma / Specna / G&G / TM recoil rifles but with a wide spread of prices and contradictory opinions.

I like the look of CQB M4 with a floating rail system and looking to spend up to say £200 including battery / charger etc.

What's my best option please?  Also, are there any specific stores I should be favouring please?

Double Eagle M904 series? I had the "G" version and I quite liked it. It has a proper weight but not too heavy at the same time it's size makes it totally suitable for CQB, battery space is okayish good externals and very very good internals at that price point.

G&G CM16 Raider is praised everywhere so it could be a good one I don't know. Cyma is known to make good AK's I'm not sure about M4's. Tokyo Marui is way too expensive for your budget and you don't need any kind of gimmick recoil anyway because that "feature" just puts more strain on everything for no reason. 

Edited by Krisz

19 minutes ago, Stevobeavo said:

I have 3 double eagle guns, 2 90* variants and the new UTR45. Thet shoot well out the box, seem very reliable and well built.

An up vote from me too for the Double Eagles

Mine has kept on going when all my other guns have been falling (mostly due to me trying to improve them, admittedly) 

Down vote for the errant apostrophe in "piece's" though 😉

• Supporters

At the price range your asking about near all the brands you’ll find on sale in the UK will generally perform about the same , it’s when the price starts climbing above your price limit you’ll start to see the difference in performance . So I’d say just get what ever you like the look off the most . 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.