Mateba order from Italy

Karinexmachina

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need help on this, I ordered a Mateba in Febraury and the sender has seemingly struggled to send it. it's Softair Italia and the first attempt was with fedex who took a hissy fit once it got to the UK Customs and sent it back. then they tried with UPS and it got rejected by Italian customs and now its been delayed in Italy and somehow has ended up going the wrong way. Ending up a few miles north to a few miles south of softair Italia. Apparently "airsoft toy" is what got it rejected.

So im wanting to know what should be on the package and if UPS is the courier to choose or should i ask the sender to use something else?

Softair Italia (.it, the actual store, not .eu which is a warehouse in either France or Switzerland) is actually half an hour drive from me.

The owner is a bit speshul so he might have filed the wrong information on the package, I'd just ring UPS and ask what information needs to be written on the parcel, then transfer said information to the store..

Regular post + customs is a shitty combination these days.

4 hours ago, Skara said:

Softair Italia (.it, the actual store, not .eu which is a warehouse in either France or Switzerland) is actually half an hour drive from me.

The owner is a bit speshul so he might have filed the wrong information on the package, I'd just ring UPS and ask what information needs to be written on the parcel, then transfer said information to the store..

Regular post + customs is a shitty combination these days.

Oh I figured it would have to be sent as a gift with contents listed as toy/toy parts. He told me that he put Airsoft toy on it. I'm not sure what else. And yeah customs sucks 

Why's he putting Airsoft toy on something which is classified as a RIF in The UK? 

Border force could choose to seize and destroy it on that basis alone (I speak from experience). Add in the "gift" stuff and you'll be extremely lucky to actually receive it this end.

On 23/04/2022 at 06:21, Karinexmachina said:

I need help on this, I ordered a Mateba in Febraury and the sender has seemingly struggled to send it. it's Softair Italia and the first attempt was with fedex who took a hissy fit once it got to the UK Customs and sent it back. then they tried with UPS and it got rejected by Italian customs and now its been delayed in Italy and somehow has ended up going the wrong way. Ending up a few miles north to a few miles south of softair Italia. Apparently "airsoft toy" is what got it rejected.

So im wanting to know what should be on the package and if UPS is the courier to choose or should i ask the sender to use something else?

Do you have a valid UKARA number? having that on the out side of the package will generally get it through UK customs. if you have a different valid defence it will be worth having them put on the packaging but the UKARA membership is the most likely to be recognised.  

47 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Why's he putting Airsoft toy on something which is classified as a RIF in The UK? 

Told you he's speshul.

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Border force could choose to seize and destroy it on that basis alone (I speak from experience). Add in the "gift" stuff and you'll be extremely lucky to actually receive it this end.

A gun I got from tigerhk had gift on and it got here fine I'm pretty sure.

29 minutes ago, Skara said:

Told you he's speshul.

I'll talk to him on Monday though I'm fairly sure I told him previously what to put on the packaging. 

So its back and he sent me an image of the package...

mateba package.png

This is the package for another revolver i got from TigerHK its value was under £130 and its a black revolver. Its package type is "Gift" and its contents are Toy & toy parts. this is where i got the gift part from. So what should the Mateba package have on it for it to get to the UK?

IMG_20220426_170813_5663.jpg

Keep in mind that Fedex refused to delivery after it got to the UK and sent it back. then with UPS it was refused at Italian customs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.