ARES Enfield No4. Mk1 and No4. Mk1(T)

Crazy_Crystal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I saw this pop up  on the Ares facebook page and since i have such as soft spot for the T variant I had to share it;

[ ARES SMLE British No.4 MK1 ]

We won't stop at only one model for our new #ClassicLine

The 3 models of SMLE British No.4 MK1 series will be available on #June2022

No.4 MK1 & No.4 MK1(T)

Almost Entirely Made of Steel

Authentic Details

Scope & Mount made of Metal & Steel

High-quality Wood

Direct BB Feeding System

Ship with Wood Grain Plastic Gun Case

Coming up with #L42A1, stay tuned for our next post

Wood and metal... i just hope that the hop up is built a little better than the glued S&T No 3....

278761522_5357544604277159_9011114463826714562_n.jpg

278799233_5357465484285071_250652153722798483_n.jpg

278922920_5357465560951730_9117657074612806263_n.jpg

Just now, strykerles said:

hopefully the internals aren't made of cheese

looks lovely though ❤️

my thoughts exactly... but you never know. it looks suspiciously conventional based upon what can be seen of the cylinder anyway.

actually scratch that... it looks like the sear goes in the side ... 🙄

3 hours ago, strykerles said:

hopefully the internals aren't made of cheese

It looks to be based on the Striker system, which tells me Ares hasn't actually learned shit from the feedback they got over the last 5 years.

The screw under the rear iron sight sits in just about the perfect place for a Striker style spring guide stopper and the cylinder having two horizontal slits seems to confirm what I said above.

If only they sized the cylinder properly to the humongous inner barrel...

The only thing I can't see is a hole for the TDC adjustment, which makes me think the hop is gonna be an utter cunt to adjust.

41 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Reckon if these are good, G&G might just scrap their plans for one. 

Idk. If they can put out a gas rifle on par with something like the PPS Kar98, then could be even better than this and more realistic. But if it ends up just another standard G&G historic Gas rifle with crap performance then yeah maybe. Also this relies on Ares not making theirs perform like crap too and overpricing it to the moon.....

Edited by Armo1000

Ares designs are usually shite, but externally this looks superb.  Confused.....

45 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Ares designs are usually shite, but externally this looks superb.  Confused.....

I live in hope.... i guess we'll have to wait and see. the sad bit is the mag is wrong on the L42A1 but thats a minor detail.

27 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I live in hope.... i guess we'll have to wait and see. the sad bit is the mag is wrong on the L42A1 but thats a minor detail.

and the not so minor price of $670 😕 

4 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

there is that too.... although that kinda comes with the territory of real wood stocks i think. actually for an Ares that is definitely a gamble at that price.

6 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

I mean S&Ts Enfield was originally priced at like £450, but then we get sites listing them for like 250-300 after the initial buzz, so I wouldn’t trust any prices for now and wait. 

Edited by Armo1000

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Armo1000 said:

I might also wait for the CO2 version if that does become a thing. 

I could imagine that the CO2 conversion is just a canister in the bolt style or something like the wolverine bolt although i'd happily be wrong. still be interested to see what the performance is like stock though...

although at that price i'm waiting till they're actually in country before i order.

1 hour ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I could imagine that the CO2 conversion is just a canister in the bolt style or something like the wolverine bolt although i'd happily be wrong. still be interested to see what the performance is like stock though...

although at that price i'm waiting till they're actually in country before i order.

Agreed, not even thinking about buying an airsoft rifle at that ridiculous price unless it’s amazing. If it turns out to be yet another pretty looking paperweight, then I’ll pass. If S&T can make a good rifle for £250-300 then Ares can too… I understand it being a bit more with the scope, however almost £700 is jut extortion….

Looking a lot like the RWA No4, and we all know how that turned out… 

Edited by Armo1000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.