Well MB04A Sniper Rifle Upgrade

Darcmaul

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Rightly or wrongly I have purchased a Well MB04A Sniper Rifle. I have started to upgrade it with a 450FPS (ish) spring, piston and piston guide from Patrol Base and a new metal trigger box due to the added strain of the new spring. Unfortunately it is only putting out 375FPS with 0.2g weight balls. I believe I need to upgrade the Hop Up unit and bucking and perhaps the internal barrel, however finding the right items online appears to be problematic as there does not seem to be site where you can just ask for compatible parts.

Does anyone have any advice on which parts to get as a sniper rifle that fails to reach 50yrds seems a bit useless.

1 hour ago, Darcmaul said:

Rightly or wrongly I have purchased a Well MB04A Sniper Rifle. I have started to upgrade it with a 450FPS (ish) spring, piston and piston guide from Patrol Base and a new metal trigger box due to the added strain of the new spring. Unfortunately it is only putting out 375FPS with 0.2g weight balls. I believe I need to upgrade the Hop Up unit and bucking and perhaps the internal barrel, however finding the right items online appears to be problematic as there does not seem to be site where you can just ask for compatible parts.

Does anyone have any advice on which parts to get as a sniper rifle that fails to reach 50yrds seems a bit useless.

Worth checking this out before laying out loads of money on upgrade parts, the transfer port might have been choked from the factory: https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/fps-limiter-removal-for-airsoft-sniper-rifles/

As a rule of thumb with any spring piston system you want to address inefficiencies in the system before trying to increase power by fitting heavier springs etc.

Things sapping power from the system could be: poor fitting or leaking piston seal, too much or too little lubrication, transfer port choking (as in the link) and poor breech seal (bucking)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.