Airsoft Forums UK

Pistol work

Druid799

• Supporters

Basically what the title says , I’ve a couple of Hi-capa pistols(one WE and one TM) that are non functioning and would like them to BE functioning !😁 but as I freely admit I’m a total Neanderthal when it comes to the world of tech work I’m in need of assistance . Don’t want super dooper race guns or any of that Tom foolery just want the buggers too simply work , so am looking for some names .
Cheers guys .👍

2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

...Not a fan of what he did to my AEG's I sent him though. 

What did he do?

• Supporters

Wot he said👆, wot happened ? 

On one the gearbox had major work done to it and made it worse performing (Drained a 7.4v 1450mah lipo without firing a full high cap mags worth of bbs), noiser then before and made irreversible changes to the shell. I had to replace the entire gearbox.

The other sounded and performed fantastic, but was reassembled in a hurry to the point the trigger wouldn't reset in semi. 

Both were longer then usual jobs and I was charged at a premium for. 

Because it's a real pain to ship back and/or drop off I couldn't be arsed in pursuing it, sold one at a big loss that didn't recover even the cost of the repair work let alone the rifle and parts. I know that's my fault I didn't pursue the issue. These are things that could have been picked up on if tested for a reasonable amount of time before being sent back to the customer.

Going by conversations with other people in private, I am not the only person to be left a bit disappointed. 

I think better decisions could have been made whilst the work was being done to reduce the cost and get things performing as they should have.

Either way, I have put it behind me now. 

Edited by Asomodai

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

@rocketdogbert Is the man. 

Otherwise Shoutyman on Youtube is pretty competent with GBBP's (Negative). Not a fan of what he did to my AEG's I sent him though. 

Not me, can’t stand Hi-Capa’s, if they all left the planet like ungrateful dolphins this afternoon it couldn’t come sooner 🤣🤣

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Not me, can’t stand Hi-Capa’s, if they all left the planet like ungrateful dolphins this afternoon it couldn’t come sooner 🤣🤣

36890753.jpg

6 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

On the other hand. I have an FN57 that needs a Guarder Frame and Slide kit installed...

I’ve done a lot of pistol builds over the years , many moons ago it was a real chore with lots and lots of fettling required , slide to frame fit being the biggest issue for a pistol that’s going to work at the end of it . Nightmares about a Prime / Tokyo Marui SIG226 kit still haunt me to this day :P

My last few have been an absolute breeze to be totally honest , mostly guarder kits onto TM pistols , a couple of Glocks , a Beretta and a 226e2 . the production quality has certainly stepped up in my humble opinion so I’d be as bold to say just have a crack yourself , a decent fitting micro driver set , some good quality pin punches and a good clean workspace and just get on and try . Take photos as you go or video it and take your time :)