sorry and making a team

ostrich160
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, sorry for the last topic, got a bit out of hand. Anyway, I have decided to try and form a team with my friend, maybe join an existing one (I only have one friend who will play) so does anyone know any teams in the UK, leicester area that would allow 14 year olds (could be your team)? Also, how do I play airsoft at 14, will I be able to go to skirmish's and events, or will it just be outlaw, playing in deserted fields or whatever?

Thanks so much guys and once again sorry, I hope we can get along

Tom

• Supporters

It's at the discretion of the individual site whether they'll let you play or not, some will, some won't, others will insist on you having a legal parent or guardian on site etc etc. It's workable either way.

You won't be able to buy any guns though, you'll have to wait till you're 18 and a registered skirmisher to buy realistic ones, or just till you're 18 for two-tone etc. Your folks can still give you one as a gift, but again, they're restricted to buying two tones unless they're registered skirmishers, and in no way can any money for the gun be given to them (it has to be a legitimate act of kindness). Not that you asked, but you'll probably want to know :)

• Supporters
or will it just be outlaw, playing in deserted fields or whatever?

Not to be offensive but...

You certainly show your age. people playing airsoft in public are the reason the sport almost died, the VCRA saved airsoft and anyone who bitches about 2 tones needs to respect that it saved the sport.

To get the answer your looking for you need to check our the airsoft map Found Here

if they dont post what the minimum age is then you will need to ring them up and ask. as for team making, if the super guide stays on track I believe someone is making a helpful guide on starting a team. ;)

• Supporters

I was thinking of mentioning that.

More than killing the sport, because some people don't care about that. If you're playing in public view without proper permission and procedures followed etc, and someone tells the police, you'll find an armed response unit pointing very real guns at you very quick. It can be scary, and if you make a wrong move, you'll find yourself with some holes in you.

I don't want to sound over dramatic, but if nowhere near you has an airsoft site that allows people of your age to play, then either travel, or don't play, otherwise you could well be risking your life, the lives of others and your own future potential (firearms conviction at 14? say goodbye to decent job prospects). Airsoft is brilliant, it's a huge part of my life and very little comes between me and my 'softing, but it certainly isn't worth my life, and if an armed response wanted to come between me and airsoft, well, I'm gonna do what the person pointing the business end of a G36 at me says.

Also, just because you're a kid won't stop them putting a bullet in you (confirmed by a senior counter terror manager and the top private security consultant in the country approx ten minutes ago), so don't think being a minor would excuse you.

Don't want to put you off, but for your own safety, you've got to know it. In all honestly, you'll probably find somewhere to cater to you anyways.

so, your saying I wont be able to play until I'm 18?

Thats not whats being said, do some research for the minimum age requirement at local skirmish sites (at southdown where i go its 12) so we get a good age range of players from 12 right up to 50's.

As for the law on airsoft guns, you can either rent one when you go to your chosen skirmish site but this does tend to get expensive or you can be given one as a gift (no money can exchange hands if under 18)

Its not illegal to own one if your under 18 but its illegal to purchase one.

Also take note of whats already been said

playing in deserted fields or whatever?
is a big no no, nowadays there is no such thing as abandonned fields/woods etc, there are always prying eyes even in remote places and as soon as someone sees people running around with guns then the big bad people with hot guns come and ruin your skirmish day by surrendering you giving you a whole load of aggro or if you refuse your surrender then you are generally forced to take your hits, if not out of the game permanantly then the respawn time will generally be a couple of months or more.

This will then go onto the news headlines "Boy aged 14 is killed/incapacitated for brandishing an imitation firearm in public place"

This wont go down well and the rest of us will have to suffer the consequences.

might just have to go with nerf then :( I was just really looking for something I can play anytime anywhere. Well, thanks for the help anyway guys, unless you have anything to say that might help me with what I want to do have a great time airsofting and I might see you another time.

Hi Ostrich, as you say for anytime, anywhere you are looking nerf. My kids love it, its bright non real looking guns that wont get you on the wrong side of the law or a 9mm live round. Most of the kids round here have nerf stuff, or laser quest type gaming can be a lot of fun and again safe.

If you really want to go airsofting I would suggest you get your parents involved. My daughter constantly badgering me, so she can come along. Its a lot easier with an over 18, you get lifts and help with the costs as airsofting while cheaper than paintball is not a free sport. Its not impossible to play at 14 as noted above, but airsoft guns and public places dont mix.

There a standing ban on my kids taking any of my airsoft stuff (especially as some of its RIF) out the front door. Even the IF stuff it not worth the risk, and I have explained to them more than once the dangers of this stuff. My neighbours all know I play so in the back garden is ok for them, but even there I supervise.

I use to go play laser quest / laser tag when I was your age, it was fun and I'd prob still find it some fun even now at the age of 27.

The min age at my local is 16, and like some peeps have said already just ask your local and research. If they let you play at 14 with a guardian then why not ask your dad, uncle, brother, cousin whoever to go with you one time and at least your get to try it out and see if it's defo for you or not.

If you REALLY keen then just wait until your old enough and just think how much more the sport could have developed and grown by that time... will be worth the wait!

Archived