Ghillie Suit?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm considering getting a Ghillie suit for me to snipe in when I go woodland (obviously). But I have no idea what's a good one to get etc, like which ones are good quality material, and won't tear easily or anything...

My local site's quite thick stinging nettles at the moment, and probably will be all summer, so it's a medium green colour, but then has some pretty dark areas, so looking for medium-dark greens.

Any recommendations on where to get a goodish quality one that's not too expensive, and which one to get?

Also, if I get one, how do you wash it? Regular wash in the machine, or spray it with the hose and then dry it off with a hair dryer? :)

Thanks a lot :).

Webtex concealment vest ftw although i do have an old mesh realtree jacket im going to use as a base for an artificial one purely for the sake of it.

But yea generally most of the premade ghillies make you look like a yeti that camouflages with nothing.

• Supporters

Hm, fair enough.

How do you make a Ghillie suit? (I suppose I should Google it?)

What do you do with the Webtex concealment vest?

The main problem with ghillie suits is that they are rather large and heavy and they make you look very bulky which is fine in when using a real sniper where you can be such a long distance away but that dosent apply to airsoft. This is why I got my webtex concealment vest I'm currently in the process of getting some Hessian ordered and then making a base layer from that.

• Supporters

skillfulmmd, could you picture it as you make it and put up a guide of how to do it please? Would be extremely helpful and I'd be very grateful :D

And how do you attach stuff to the vest?

Hey Liam as long as you don't mind waiting a week or two ill do it for you. I need to get some money for the hessain tape then order as its so hard to get. Ill send you a link to the supplier I got it from its any good.

• Supporters

Nah I don't mind waiting, haven't got vest or anything yet, but I probably will in a couple weeks. Thanks :)

Ok then well if you haven't done it by the time I get my stuff ill pop a mini guide up for you but it's going to be a learning experience for me as well :)

Archived