HPA newbie----help.

snuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just as I thought I understood AEG's we might be moving to HPA,so I'm doing what I tell all new players to do...ask before you buy.I've seen Polstar,wolverine,Jack,etc.how does 1 decide.Do the kits come complete as drop in units or are all parts sourced individualy.TBH I'm propably better off buying a completed secondhand kit off a trusted seller.My friend has opted for a Tippmann Omega V2 but I've never been a fan of Tippmann and he had a really early one that was crap.I have googled the hell out of HPA,there are a few HPA users at my local but I didn't have time to speak to them last time out,I will next week.Sorry to be a PITA but I don't want to be wasting ££££ to be told it's wrong after I've bought it.Pm's are welcome and so is any advice.Thanks.

Guest KiloGr

With the engine you will need:

Tank

Line

Reg

Possibly an adapter / IGL (Grip line) depending what engine you go for.

What engine you go for is depicted by what your playstyle is.  DMR single shot type style, Polarstar Kythera or something as its a mechanical single shot only engine.

SPEEEEED - P* jack because brrrrt

overkill laserbeam and all round super nice engine? F2

I have only used P* so cannot comment on other makes, but i know wolverine also make very good engines.

I’ve been using Polarstar Jack for years and have had a V3 fusion engine before as well. 

If you want maximum customisation and enjoy tinkering around with settings I’d go for a Fusion engine or a F2. From my understanding the only difference between the two is the fusion engine replaces the whole gearbox and the F2 is drop in cylinder unit.

If you want something that you can drop in a play and not fuss around with too much, like what I wanted. Id go for the Jack. It’s a dumbed down version of the drop in cylinder units with minimal customisation.

All the units you able to select different rate of fires, poppet dwell, fire settings, safe/semi/auto, safe/burst/auto, safe/semi/semi, etc

just the Fusion and F2 you have more to play with.

The Kythera from my understanding is simply a mechanical,closed bolt, semi only,  plug and play sort of thing. Something that interests me.

Your gonna need something to power it. Air or Co2. Personally again like I did, your new to HPA. Stick to air! Get yourself a paintball tank, a regulator and a line. You can get a product called an IGL which replaces the macro line coming from your engine. To save you a headache from it breaking on you mid game. I’d get one.

Can’t comment on Wolverine products simply cos I ain’t used them.

Hope this helps, always here to help

Mike

This is my gat. Just to show you what you can do with HPA

699CBDF7-B9F9-42A2-899D-512529B82CFC.thumb.jpeg.6972eda5fd063940b7254b6024e51a60.jpeg

Unfortunately I've never been a fan of Tippmann either paintball or airsoft.My m8 had a MK1 Tipp' and he has just got a MK2 Omega version,love the trigger but that's about it.

Their website is currently down as they are swapping over, but highpressureairsoft.co.uk have a selection of RIF's with the option of them doing the engine install for you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.