Maple Leaf Hopup Chamber problem

TheAkimboSteak

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gday lads and ladies,

just fitted a ML hop chamber with ML Barrel and bucking to a WE 1911 hold the laughter. After fitting it all seemed good racking it etc, although very tight fit. When I gassed a mag to test fire it jamned  halfway and spews the gas out of the mag, it will shoot the first BB though. Also jams in the same position dry fired. Anyone know a fix? Have done some minor filing already as the stock hop chamber fitted much looser, ML racks more smoothly now but still jams when fired 100% of the time

Edited by TheAkimboSteak

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Did you buy a WE Specific hop chamber, or is the ML hop designed for the TM?

It’s listed as TM/WE Hi-Capa compatible, I put it in a single stack 1911 though. There is a WE/TM Hi-Capa/1911 version but would have to cut off a large nub on the front which is meant to seat with the guide rod, so got the Hi-Cap chamber as my stick guide rod is different

43 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Wild idea. Put the ML barrel, and all hop innards into the stock hop chamber. The ML chambers in 1911/2011 land are a poor replacement for stock at best.

Went with the cheaper chamber option after braking the plastic WE hop square on my stock one again. Only found them in two places in the US and one in EU none ship here. 

Could start over with a different chamber but will most likely need to change guide rod too

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.