TAC41 vs Action Army T11 (+ mild upgrading)

SilentSparky

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

With spring on the way, I'm looking to do a bit of sniping.  I don't want to become a fulltime bush, more frontline stuff, bit on the flanks etc...

I've read about the TAC 41 on here and other places, minimal tweaking (just spring initially) and good to go, so am very tempted.  But I'm not adverse to a bit of tinkering, so wondering how an Action Army T11 plus say £100 of upgrades be in comparison, any advice would be great!

I made a thread on upgrading a T-11.

Haven't had a TAC in my hands, from what I've seen though it appears to be a very good rifle, although heard of some QC issues.

A VSR gun can be turned into a fine shooter without spending a fortune on it, essentially you need a good hop rubber, a consistent method of applying pressure (say a TDC mod) and removal of any possible air leak.

The AA T-10/T-11 series of rifles already comes with a nice 90° trigger and you can, with the right mods, set it up to fire at 2.2J with a relatively soft spring. Mine for example on a cut down M100 can pump out 1.5J on 0.4g bbs, and that is with a 300mm inner. If I were to install the stock barrel (430mm) I don't know what power output I'd have.. All this considering a humongous 24mm airbrake.

SRS just cost, didn't want to tie up too much cash in an occasional use sniper.

So wondering if a cheaper base platform plus £100 odd for £250ish total or is the TAC41 worth the extra

• 2 weeks later...

I would say the TAC41 and SRS fall into the same category tbh, both a bit more than a cheap sniper, one is a bullpup and the other is a traditional rifle kind of setup. Either way even for an occasional user, if you occasionally use it, you don't want to be doing all the research on parts ot pull it apart to fire about right. The TAC and SRS both fire brilliantly on stock form with just an easy spring upgrade.

Thanks for the responses, I went with the Tac41 in the end, just fir ease of using straight out of the box, brought a stronger spring and hope to use it next weekend, need to get some heavyweight BBs now 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, used the TAC41 for one game at the weekend, Chrono'd at ~350 on a 0.4g BB with the 100N spring fitted.

Was good to mix it up, two games of full auto fun, then decided to give the sniper a go.

I played at the front with the rest of the team, got quite a few kills, accuracy was great and having that bit extra range was handy. I also had some sniper vs sniper battles, like a game within a game, which was fun.

As a sniper, I seemed to attract team mates trying to point people out to me (manly kids), assume this is a normal thing?

So overall, pleased with the purchase and look forward to using it for the odd game on outdoor days 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, SilentSparky said:

Chrono'd at ~350 on a 0.4g BB with the 100N spring fitted

ay9naXBoeS5naWY.gif

... 2.28J

Agreed, 100N seems to be about bang on for typical UK limit.  I cut my 100N down a bit as I was garage testing with the hop at 5, but with it set to 8 for 0.43g, I had to add a little back again with Rapax adjusters (i.e. really expensive bits of tube).

I honestly think the TAC-41 doesn't need anything done to it beyond a super-simple spring change.

And, yes, the "Oi! Sniper! Gettim!" is pretty normal.

It's a good thing really, otherwise you'd miss the hilarity of shooting people in the hand as they're standing there pointing at your position...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.