BB catcher for chrono use DIY help

Musica

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I seem to be asked to fix more and more guns recently the more of my friends get in to the hobby and I'm looking for a more permanent solution to prevent bbs rolling around my floor. I don't have a good creative imagination but I was thinking UPVC pipe or something?

Does anyone have any reference pictures or ideas for such a device?

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Musica said:

I seem to be asked to fix more and more guns recently the more of my friends get in to the hobby and I'm looking for a more permanent solution to prevent bbs rolling around my floor. I don't have a good creative imagination but I was thinking UPVC pipe or something?

Does anyone have any reference pictures or ideas for such a device?

Cheers.

The simplest answer is to just get what already exists for the task, and will probably also be cheaper than making an alternative with PVC pipe 

An airgun pellet catcher is under £15:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/pellet-catcher/s?k=pellet+catcher

99F03141-10E0-4DDF-9629-8371838E380F.thumb.png.291f8dadc773c72e754a36de4b573b2c.png

Or you could build something similar with a drain hopper which will cost less, at £10 or less, but it’s made of plastic so will end up getting broken at some point, and doesn’t have the in built angles in its design to reduce the risk of bounce back

https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-universal-hopper-65-68mm-black/13847

314CD92F-5C5D-4D4D-8F9F-BAF7CF4F0475.thumb.png.5ac011f8f5e9383a12d0ce2bb70ad1bd.png

To save a plastic system from being broken, and also to cut the noise of any material including a ‘proper’ pellet catcher is to line it with foam, material etc

Other systems with varying levels of ‘temporary’ will be a box or bucket lined with something to absorb the unpack 

16 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

The simplest answer is to just get what already exists for the task, and will probably also be cheaper than making an alternative with PVC pipe 

An airgun pellet catcher is under £15:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/pellet-catcher/s?k=pellet+catcher

99F03141-10E0-4DDF-9629-8371838E380F.thumb.png.291f8dadc773c72e754a36de4b573b2c.png

I did consider this device but wasn't surehow it worked. Does it funnel them in to the back pole to drop out or would the roll down the bottom lip?

16 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I knocked up a box for my Chrono to fit in out of foam floor tiles, cost about £10 for the tiles off Amazon 

What a guy a video to follow as well!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mad-Al said:

I have a carboard box half full of bubblewrap that does the job and cost me nothing due to my lack of impulse control and rampant consumerism.

same, only in tube form.

cut a slot in the end of the tube you can stuff the chrono in so it holds it nice.

1 hour ago, Mad-Al said:

I have a carboard box half full of bubblewrap that does the job and cost me nothing due to my lack of impulse control and rampant consumerism.

same but they bounce out and eventually i shoot through all the guff.

1 hour ago, Musica said:

same but they bounce out and eventually i shoot through all the guff.

Try a few old t shirts or similar material 

• Supporters

Cardboard box (what ever I have laying around at the time) I punch a hole through the side to ‘stuff’ the chrono in and then I’ve got the bottom rail from a coat hanger that I folded over three lengths of old towel(so there’s 6 layers) quick running stitch with needle and cotton to keep it in place , I then just let that hang down in the box to catch and absorb the impact from the BB’s .

once I’m finished just stick the box in the recycling, roll the ‘catcher’ up on its self and stick it back in the cupboard with the chrono for the next time ! 👍

I currently use a metal tin that originally contained baby milk formula. Cut a slot into the plastic lid for the chrono to sit in.

Hammered a flat onto it to stop it rolling about and then filled it with old rags and foam.

It's lasted about a year before BB's have started to smash it's back doors out!

I have this BB catcher, use it as target in the house. You do get the occasional split one pop out the top but generally contains the spent BBS.

Just be careful when you pick it up that you don't empty it all over the floor ...I have heard that can happen ...sometimes....to someone

18 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I have this BB catcher, use it as target in the house. You do get the occasional split one pop out the top but generally contains the spent BBS.

Just be careful when you pick it up that you don't empty it all over the floor ...I have heard that can happen ...sometimes....to someone

DOH!! Lol

I saw a video review by Airsoft Mike of some posh BB catcher which was essentially a big plastic box with spare targets (loads as a matter of fact) and the bbs were caught by some dreadlock style rope things dangling in it. I nearly bought one truth be told but decided naaaaah waste of money. 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=valor+airsoft+target+system+uk&client=safari&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwic5r7jjYr3AhXTolwKHWMRDXMQ_AUoA3oECAIQAw&biw=414&bih=719&dpr=3#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:f9f29632,vid:j39GikeAZQI,st:0

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.