Real Sword T97 and T97b Pair. Appraisal only!

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

Might be further slimming down my collection but now moving on to the more uncommon stuff. 

I am NOT looking for offers via PM. I am NOT looking to sell right now. I am purely looking for Appraisals. 

I have A Real Sword T97 and Real Sword T97B both in good condition with minor wear marks and scuffs. Both include the original boxes (Somewhat dog eared), paperwork, Mag and Accessories (Bar the tube style mid cap loader on the T97). Both have only been fielded a couple of times each. Both have been upgraded on all the non proprietary parts. Both have the optional original scope rail mount. I have additional brand new Real Sword parts for some of the more proprietary gear box stuff, a spare gearbox shell and motorcage, Pistons, Anti reversal Latches etc. 

Both are running around 1 Joule. The Quick change spring can make light work of changing the power output.

Real Sword T97 

Castellan Neodymium High Torque Motor 

Prometheus Purple Bucking 

Nitrile Piston Head O-Ring

XCortech Mosfet Plus 

ZCI 450mm Inner barrel 

Real Sword T97B 

RA/SHS Neodymium 16TPA Green High torque motor 

Xcortech Mosfet Plus 

Replaced Piston Head O-Ring 

Macaron 50 degree rubber and nub 

ZCI Barrel (Cant recall the length)

We all know how difficult these are to get hold of, no brand new ones to my knowledge out there. These are some of the highest quality externals that can be find on a bullpup rifle. 

What sort of price realistically should I be asking for?

PXL_20220402_144938127.MP.jpg

PXL_20220402_145318234.jpg

Edited by Asomodai

In my opinion for the Type 97 I wager you could ask what you want due to the condition it in, but possibly looking at a base price of £480-500+ just judging from the pictures you posted,  if you are willing to hold out for the right buyer/collector. I know a few people in the US who are rather keen for the 97.   

I am assuming it does not suffer from the fire selector miss alignment?  

As for the Type 97b they can be slightly more tricky to sell they just don't quite have the same draw I find compared with 97, put in my opinion they are rarer due to that factor. I would say a base price of £480-500 give or take.

The spare parts a always nice to have for a longevity and  I know airsoft world has a fair few RS type 97 parts at the moment, but they do sweeten the deal.

Internal mod are really down to the prospective buyer as to whether they add value or not.  

On 02/04/2022 at 19:08, Sniper780 said:

In my opinion for the Type 97 I wager you could ask what you want due to the condition it in, but possibly looking at a base price of £480-500+ just judging from the pictures you posted,  if you are willing to hold out for the right buyer/collector. I know a few people in the US who are rather keen for the 97.   

I am assuming it does not suffer from the fire selector miss alignment?  

As for the Type 97b they can be slightly more tricky to sell they just don't quite have the same draw I find compared with 97, put in my opinion they are rarer due to that factor. I would say a base price of £480-500 give or take.

The spare parts a always nice to have for a longevity and  I know airsoft world has a fair few RS type 97 parts at the moment, but they do sweeten the deal.

Internal mod are really down to the prospective buyer as to whether they add value or not.  

Cheers for that. Fire Selector wise, I think it can effect all of them depending on how it was put back together and just takes a couple of adjustments to fix it. There is a knack to it. I think mine are fine though. 

I forgot I had a spare gearbox shell and Motor Cage as well (Motor Cages are sold out world wide being the weak point in high FPS builds) So that would be worth something. 

Still on the fence about selling. I did ask elsewhere but people seem to think £280 is the max I could get for it... But they also tried to offer that same amount to me in PM. (Despite saying no PMs!)

5 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Cheers for that. Fire Selector wise, I think it can effect all of them depending on how it was put back together and just takes a couple of adjustments to fix it. There is a knack to it. I think mine are fine though. 

I forgot I had a spare gearbox shell and Motor Cage as well (Motor Cages are sold out world wide being the weak point in high FPS builds) So that would be worth something. 

Still on the fence about selling. I did ask elsewhere but people seem to think £280 is the max I could get for it... But they also tried to offer that same amount to me in PM. (Despite saying no PMs!)

The miss aligned fire selector is common niggle on well used RS type 97&97b and  as you said reassembly on the unit or damaged/broken gearbox selector rack gear set , if yours are fine then there no problem just something prospective buyer and collector look for.   

As for the max estimate/offer of £280 reading that did give me a chuckle, I would be interested in knowing where you asked to get the 280 estimate? If they were both really well used example with non of the original parts, accessories and box or worse irreparably externally modified,  then that would be a fair estimate but yours are two extremely nice example's. 

If you do decide to sell them good luck, they are currently ( at the time of typing this) very rare but a niche and in some respect date weapons but reliable and solid non the less, I am sure the right buyer will know what you have.       

I shall be keeping a close watch on the classifieds.  

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I did ask elsewhere but people seem to think £280 is the max I could get for it... 

Like, a collective?  We like collectives.

I agree with the suggestion to ask more.  A lot more, and on as many fora as you can find.

It's more of a case of holding out for the right buyers rather than giving them away to the first oik gagging for a proper bargain.

• 1 month later...

Well they are both up for sale now and already have enquiries at the above 500+ price. Just waiting for someone who can preferably collect and has the readies to come along!

Edited by Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.